New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Problems with deleting files and folders.

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
86ivar

Problems with deleting files and folders.

Post by 86ivar »

Hi.
I find it hard to delete folders, especially beacuse every folder inside a folder needs to be granted permission to write and read. Is there any way i can set a general permission for all the folders inside a folder?
Anyway what is the best and fastest way to copy data from my external hd to bubba? tried several ways, the web service was the best, but it stopped halfways.
Anyway what is shell login for the users?
Kiff

Re: Problems with deleting files and folders.

Post by Kiff »

86ivar wrote:Is there any way i can set a general permission for all the folders inside a folder?

Code: Select all

chmod -R <permission flag> <foldername>
if you want to delete a folder and all it's content (disclaimer: be sure you're deleting the right folder)

Code: Select all

rm -rf <foldername>
86ivar wrote:Anyway what is shell login for the users?
Think this is the same as the user(s) you make in the web interface, but it's been a while since I added new users. The root password is excito by default.
86ivar

Post by 86ivar »

okay, but how do i access bubba with putty? i used the adress bubba.
What username for excito password?
my regular username dont work, neither admin.
and what are all the commands for permission?
pcrene

Post by pcrene »

Hello

I think you have learn to appriciate the security of linux.
For me it does the job perfectly

Rene :wink:
B3 1T + B-Stor 2T, B2 1T as backup
40 users active....
Opensat4all.Com
86ivar

Post by 86ivar »

sry i dont have the time to use 1 hr (yes i have struggeled a very long time now) to delete some specific folder beacuse it has more folders inside, and files that dont even want me to change their permission.
I see in the manual that excito does not officially support the linux customisation, that means the product shuld be usable with the web browser and windows explorer, but i dont think it is, because this permission thing gives me a headache! maybe i should put a video on how hard it is to delete a folder.

Anyway, try to find a solution for myself:
Regarding how to log into bubba with putty:
what adress? -tried only bubba as in web browser, got connected but the usernames dnt work.
What username? -my username with my password, it does not let me in.
What username is meant for the excito password?

how do i access the command help?
Maybe i sound stupid, but i have no exp using linux/unix other than ubuntu and slax, please do not make fun of me for that.
Xet

Post by Xet »

It is described in the bubba manual:
SSH
In order to get shell access to your Bubba|Two, use a SSH client (i.e. PuTTY for Windows). For security reasons, neither admin nor root have direct SSH access. Log on using your normal user name and password, and use su to get root access.
The root password is excito. Note that root access gives access to the entire Linux system, and using it without caution may erase your data and cause your Bubba|Two to malfunction.
Note that the "normal user" must have the option "Allow SSH login" set. You can set that option from the Admin webinterface.