New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

ppp0 as WAN how to get easyfind working on B3

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
Henri

ppp0 as WAN how to get easyfind working on B3

Post by Henri »

For some time B3 has been succesfully operating as a wireless 3G router in addition of it's usual NAS activities.

Because using ppp0 as a WAN connection, some of the B3 functions are no longer available through web interface.
One of those useful features that I wish I knew how to fix is easyfind. Easyfind does not keep track of b3's IP address no more because it is defaulting to eth0.

In Wiki "Use mobile internet 3g USB dongle as WAN" there are some files mentioned which are needed to edit in order to make easyfind work. Problem is that the guide is for B2 and I have not found all the files in B3.

Has someone managed to get easyfind working in B3 as 3G router.

Any advice is appreciated.
Last edited by Henri on 26 Sep 2011, 16:02, edited 1 time in total.
RandomUsername

Re: ppp0 as WAN how to get easyfind working on B3

Post by RandomUsername »

Why not try using ddclient in conjunction with a free dynamic dns service (e.g. dyndns.com). It's not too difficult, but I can post some more info later if needed (posting from my phone ATM).
Henri

Post by Henri »

Thanks RandomUsername.

I did as you suggested and after a bit of testing it works. Now DynDNS redirects my SSH connection directly to Bubba.
That really was not so difficult as you said. I guess I just needed a little kick to get started :D

Thank you.
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

Henri wrote:Thanks RandomUsername.

I did as you suggested and after a bit of testing it works. Now DynDNS redirects my SSH connection directly to Bubba.
That really was not so difficult as you said. I guess I just needed a little kick to get started :D

Thank you.
He shoots, he scores!