New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

/admin path hijacked for all hostnames

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
stompertje

/admin path hijacked for all hostnames

Post by stompertje »

The config for B3 is such, that the /admin path always leads to the B3 administration page, regardless of which virtual hostname is being used to access the webserver.

In the past I succeeded in changing the configuration to only point to <MAINHOSTNAME>/admin, in order to be able to use an alternative /admin path for other virtual hosts. However, this configuration gets lost everytime I update my B3 distro.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening or do I have to keep changing the configuration files after each update?

Regards,
Patrick
Ubi

Re: /admin path hijacked for all hostnames

Post by Ubi »

I'm afraid it's the latter until the distro starts putting the default host in a <virtualhost> tag en add the /admin alias in that virtualhost...
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

Should probably make this a feature request, to have all the bubba stuff consolidated to the bubba vhost definition. If I can add to this, it would also be nice to have the https section in a separate vhost definition file.
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

good point
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

I add a comment to any config file I change. I then have a script run regularly that searches for that comment and backs up the amended files for when they get overwritten by an update.
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

That would solve this particular issue, but you must remember the many posts on this forum by people who get weird redirects and pages that refuse to display properly. Moving all the Bubba GUI in a single virtualhosts solves all these problems at once. The only potential downside is how to be certain the bubba virtualhost is the default virtualhost, but that is not difficult to force.
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

Ubi wrote:That would solve this particular issue, but you must remember the many posts on this forum by people who get weird redirects and pages that refuse to display properly. Moving all the Bubba GUI in a single virtualhosts solves all these problems at once. The only potential downside is how to be certain the bubba virtualhost is the default virtualhost, but that is not difficult to force.
Oh yeah, I'm not saying mine was the best solution. Just a simple solution to an annoying problem.
stompertje

Post by stompertje »

Thanks for your comments. I guess I'll make a feature request then and keep manually updating my configuration in the meantime... :(