New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Howto recreate an album automatically

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
RingP

Howto recreate an album automatically

Post by RingP »

I use to backup all my pictures from my digital camera on the bubba 3 server (version 2.3.2) on the /home/storage/pictures/<year>/<month>. For example for 2011, I have created a folder 2011 with (lots of) sub folders depending on how I wish to categorize my pictures for 2011. I have the option to create an album in the web UI for the same year which is nice.

The problem is that this album is static. Adding new pictures and/or new subfolders to <year> will not be reflected in the album itself, unless I remove the album and recreate it.

For an album application; I do not find this to be useful enough and this is not the way an album application works on a desktop computer. What I'd like to do, is in time to upload more pictures to the same folder structure(s) and I'd like this information to be reflected in the album itself. The least I can expect is that there is an "update automatically" option that will for example go through the folder structure once/day or so and recreate the album if needed. I understand this might be tricky to solve; but is there any other way of achieving this running a shell script/command to recreate an album? I could for example run this command for every time I upload new pictures...