New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Have I borked my system?

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
rog

Have I borked my system?

Post by rog »

I'll try to keep this short.

I'm trying to install OwnCloud, and I was installing the dependencies, listed here:

http://owncloud.org/support/setup-and-i ... ux-server/

which are apache2 php5 php5-sqlite php5-json php5-gd

I didn't attempt to install apache2 or php5, but the other three I did. It didn't install php5-json, telling me it installed, I think, php5-common instead. And it told me that I now had this long list of things that were no longer needed, and to run apt-get autoremove to remove them. So I did, and now I can't seem to install anything. I tried to install some of the soft dependencies, and it wouldn't let me install any of them. So I tried to decompress the owncloud package, which was a bz2 file, and had to install bzip2 to do so, and it gave me the following output:

Code: Select all

root@b3:/home/roger# apt-get install bzip2
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 mediatomb-daemon : Depends: mediatomb-common (>= 0.12.0~svn2018-6ex2) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).
root@b3:/home/roger#
It's giving me that note about mediatomb-daemon for everything I've tried to install.

So, have I fundamentally screwed something up? Should I reinstall the system? Or is this fixable?
RandomUsername

Re: Have I borked my system?

Post by RandomUsername »

B2 or B3? Just wondering why you still have media tomb installed. Have you done what the error message says and tried to run

Code: Select all

apt-get -f install
rog

Re: Have I borked my system?

Post by rog »

Actually, mediatomb is one of the packages that were removed. I have not tried the -f option...I'm always a little leery of doing that, especially since the system is telling me to do it, no matter what I try to install. Eventually, that's going to lead to disaster.

edit: It's a B3, 2TB wifi.