New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

/dev/sda1 is full, what can I clean?

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
nobody

Re: /dev/sda1 is full, what can I clean?

Post by nobody »

True but I hope you agree this problem is easier to debug without 32000 mails in queue...
gonk

Post by gonk »

My solution is to have this alias in /etc/aliases

Code: Select all

root:   /dev/null
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

Something else to check is the size of the minidlna log file in /var/log. I just noticed the same file has been running since sometime last year and was pretty big. I need to work out how to include it in logrotate.
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

gonk wrote:My solution is to have this alias in /etc/aliases

Yes, but the whole point of these messages is to tell you something is wrong so that you can fix it. Hardly a solution therefore but more of a cover up.
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

True but for a zero-conf machine the user is not expected to understand these warnings or be capable to act upon them. When the number of problems resulting from the error reporting are bigger than problems from actual errors it may be better to switch of reporting as default.
gonk

Post by gonk »

Gordon wrote:
gonk wrote:My solution is to have this alias in /etc/aliases

Yes, but the whole point of these messages is to tell you something is wrong so that you can fix it. Hardly a solution therefore but more of a cover up.
It's a better solution that having almost 2 GB of useless chron-relaed mail from rsync jobs.
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

Those are not so useless when they contain error messages. Also, why make backups in the first place if you're not interested in the validity of the backup?