New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Play B3 music from iPad

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
jeff

Play B3 music from iPad

Post by jeff »

Hi

I recently purchased a B3 server and have been testing out some of the functions. I was wondering if it is possible to play music from the B3 on my iPad 2?

My B3 is configured as a "Server Only" and I can access files over the network (from my PC) and via the web interface.

My iPad has "home sharing" configured however when I open the Music app and select the "More" tab, it does not display the "Shared" option.

Note that I am able to see and play music from the B3 server on my PS3 and Pioneer receiver.

I am not very familiar with Apple products and have had little success setting them up in the past so it is highly likely I have missed something. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jeff
DanielM

Re: Play B3 music from iPad

Post by DanielM »

I don't have any iOS device myself and I don't know exactly how you like to do things, but after comparing some different solutions for streaming music from my B3 I installed subsonic (http://www.subsonic.org) and use it for streaming music to both my Android devices and computers.

/Daniel
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

Yeah, you're not going to be able to play music natively on the iPhone from Linux (the clue being that Apple don't make Linux - Apple devices interoperate lovely between themselves, but woe betide you should you want to use something non-Apple). Anyway, there are plenty of both free and paid-for daap and dlna clients in the App Store. Search, check reviews and try a few free/lite versions to find one that you like and might be worth paying for extra features.
Fred

Post by Fred »

This is the beuty with dlna. You can download from App-store any media player with dlna functionality. I use one called “Airplayer” on my Ipad2 (it’s the name of an app, not just happens to be similar with ios streaming standard). A simple but well functioning media player.

I think you need to store your music files in the pre-defined music folder under “home/storage/music” on your B3.

It also works for pictures and video.

Enjoy
/Fred
jeff

Post by jeff »

Thanks guys

I did install the Simple Daap Client app on my iPad but it crashes when I select "My Music on b3" I guess I will have to try one of the paid apps.

Cheers