New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Mediatomb network timeout

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
thomo8485

Mediatomb network timeout

Post by thomo8485 »

This relates to Bubba server aka Bubba 1

I am having trouble with mediatomb, which i use to stream music to various upnp devices around the house. My devices are now having trouble accessing the database and on my Roberts streaming radio, I can see Bubba, but when i choose Audio in the database, it will not access it and says 'Network Timeout'. However, if I use pc directory/var/samba/public/music, i can access the music. There is clearly something wrong with the audio database.
I can look at the Mediatomb Web UI, and this shows everything okay. I have tried to access the shell (not a linux user) and have tried to stop and restart Mediatomb but it will not do it. (errors reported) Also tried to do various ways to delete the database, restart bubba and have it rebuild on restart? but when I try sudo commands, it says i am not in the sudoers list. Cant figure out how to get myself on the sudoers list and also dont know how to access as root. Has anyone got any help/advice/solutions.

Thanks

Al
Nrde

Re: Mediatomb network timeout

Post by Nrde »

have you tried just su (and then password excito)?