New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Problem installing Owncloud on B3

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
DanielM

Re: Problem installing Owncloud on B3

Post by DanielM »

Ubi wrote:odd, I always copy files straight into the owncloud folder and its always picked up. I'll test this again
Yes, please do. It would be handy being able to do that. What version of OC are you running? I'm on 6.0.0a, I wonder if this could be something that changed between 5 and 6?

/Daniel
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

I think I was still on 5. because OC had the terrific design decision to mix php functional code with gui templates its actually a lot of work to upgrade and not lose the customized interface.

I'll look into it
canonjon

Post by canonjon »

Hi

What I did was to add the app external storage support, and then under admin settings I was able to add an external storage. I added a folder named, music, with the external storage, local, and the configuration, /home/storage/music. I enabled it for all users. Under files I have the following folders documents, music, photos and shared. In the music folder I have access to the music folders under /home/storage/music.

I have also installed the app music but there are some problems with playing shared files. There is already an issue about this topic on github: https://github.com/owncloud/music/issues/138. The only thing that happens when I click the music app is that application view is white with the word loading and I can still see the navigation bar and search/settings.

I also added /home/storage/pictures to the photos folder. I can access my pictures by clicking on the photos folder but I can´t access them through the gallery app. The only thing that happens is that the application view is white and I can still see the navigation bar and search/settings.

That both the music and gallery are not responding for a long time, is that because there some kind of scanning going on in the background that takes alot of power or is it something else?

Best Regards
Jon
canonjon

Post by canonjon »

Hi again

An update
I have tried to rescan the file system. Through ssh I went to /home/web/owncloud and there I wrote occ files:scan --all but that didn´t work so I tried php console.php files:scan --all and that started a scanning process.

When I now click on the music app it loads and I can see my music folders. But the problem with nothing happens when I click on the gallery app still reamains.

Best Regards
Jon
canonjon

Post by canonjon »

Hi

I have a security message under admin settings.

Your data directory and your files are probably accessible from the internet. The .htaccess file that ownCloud provides is not working. We strongly suggest that you configure your webserver in a way that the data directory is no longer accessible or you move the data directory outside the webserver document root.

What do I need todo, do I need to access the file .htaccess or another file and change something or do I have to move the data folder?

Best Regards
Jon
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

Both may work equally well, but if you move the data folder you have (in my experience) the most robust solution, as you do not rely on complex permission rules and it is obvious how your security model works without having to read config files.

But that may be just me
canonjon

Post by canonjon »

Hi

I have owncloud up and running for a couple of days and I think everything is ok. I have enabled external storage app and through the choice Local I have added music and pictures folder on the B3, but I have a warning message which is "Warning: Curl-support is not activated or not installed. Add of owncloud / Webdav or GoogleDrive is not possible. Please contact your administrator to install it."

I am trying to get calendar och contacts from a iphone and a android phone to sync with owncloud through webdav. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn´t. Can the problem be with the Curl support?

Best Regards
Jon
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

canonjon wrote:I have owncloud up and running for a couple of days and I think everything is ok. I have enabled external storage app and through the choice Local I have added music and pictures folder on the B3, but I have a warning message which is "Warning: Curl-support is not activated or not installed. Add of owncloud / Webdav or GoogleDrive is not possible. Please contact your administrator to install it."

I am trying to get calendar och contacts from a iphone and a android phone to sync with owncloud through webdav. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn´t. Can the problem be with the Curl support?
Do you have curl installed? You can check that by running something like "dpkg -l|grep curl". If you haven't, install it using "apt-get install curl". I doubt curl is related to problems with webdav sync though.

/Daniel
canonjon

Post by canonjon »

Hi
I tried "dpkg -l|grep curl" and it gave the following message.

Code: Select all

ii  curl                            7.21.0-2.1+squeeze4                     Get                                                                                                              a file from an HTTP, HTTPS or FTP server
ii  libcurl3                        7.21.0-2.1+squeeze4                     Mult                                                                                                             i-protocol file transfer library (OpenSSL)
ii  libcurl3-gnutls                 7.21.0-2.1+squeeze4                     Mult                                                                                                             i-protocol file transfer library (GnuTLS)
ii  libcurl4-openssl-dev            7.21.0-2.1+squeeze4                     Deve                                                                                                             lopment files and documentation for libcurl (OpenSSL)
ii  php5-curl                       5.3.3-7+squeeze18ex1                    CURL                                                                                                              module for php5
So I guess I have curl installed.

/Jon
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

canonjon wrote:So I guess I have curl installed.
Yep. Strange. Obviously OwnCloud doesn't think you have. Really no idea what could cause that and obviously my google-fu is weak today :?

/Daniel
canonjon

Post by canonjon »

Hi

Here comes a update.

Regarding my problem with curl support, I have tried two solutions. The first one was to
Open the php.ini file using
nano /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini

and then to add the following line, under extensions (which is towards the bottom of the file):
extension=php_curl.so

I also needed to create a symbol link:
ln –s /etc/php5/conf.d/curl.ini /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/curl.ini

and last a server restart:
/etc/init.d/apache2 restart

but that gave me a new error message, I can´t remember what, so I corrected all the changes and tried
cp /etc/php5/conf.d/curl.ini /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/curl.ini

and that work. The message "Warning: Curl-support is not activated or not installed. Add of owncloud / Webdav or GoogleDrive is not possible. Please contact your administrator to install it." is gone and there is no new error message. Hopefully that solved the problem.

Best regards
Jon
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

canonjon wrote:Here comes a update.
Thanks for sharing!

Obviously my B3 already had the php curl stuff set up properly from the start, no idea why yours didn't...

/Daniel
amishorn

Post by amishorn »

Here comes a update
Gosh!
You are my hero! Again, I was faced with an almost unresolvable issue - while setting up the roundcube mail frontend in order to sync all my events with a backend calendar on B3 - and you gave me the working solution!

Thank you very much!

Btw. I only copied the curl.ini file...

Regards,
Amishorn