New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

No IP

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
leffe

No IP

Post by leffe »

Hi,
I'm using surveillance cameras from D-Link connected to B3 via a gigabit switch. Two of their cameras log in fine to the network but the third one (a DSC-7110) does not get an IP-adress from the router, I use B3 as router, of course. If I connect the camera to one of their routers (for example DIR-615) the camera does get an IP even if I change the network from say 192.168.0.X to 192.168.10.X . With B3 the camera is unreachable even with a fix address. Any solution ?
leffe

Re: No IP

Post by leffe »

Hi again,

I figured out I can use the D-Link router as an access point so I don´t have to use another net.
How come this camera won´t cooperate with the B3 directly ?
Binkem

Post by Binkem »

From your post it could be anything. You didn't tell what type the other camera's are.. The fact that the two other camera's do get an IP form your B3 shows that the B3 is not faulty. You could try to make some adjustments to your setup to rule out things like bad cables etc. Did you try to connect the camera directly to your b3?

Martijn
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

This sounds very strange indeed. Specifically the part where you mention having given the camera a fixed IP address and still can't reach it. You are talking about wired connections, aren't you? The only thing I can think of is that there must be something wrong with wiring or with the switch you're using between the B3 and the camera. Possible failures may include using a cross link cable (having green and brown wires on the outer sides of the plug on one end of the cable and orange and brown on the other end) and the switch not being able to handle that, or the camera not negotiating its network speed correctly.
leffe

Post by leffe »

I am now a "case" at D-Link. Mentioned my problems with the camera. They told me to send it back and I will receive a replacement from London in a few days. If the problem still remains with the new camera, then some other stuff might be malfunctioning, maybe a switch.
I use CAT5 cables, not crossed. My other two cameras, (DCS-2230 and DCS-2310L), are working fine with the net, no problems with theese.

Soon, very soon, we could have the answer.
Binkem

Post by Binkem »

one more thing you might try if the camera still refuses to connect is to force the B3 to communicate at 100 mbps in stead of 1 gbps:

Code: Select all

ethtool -s eth1 speed 100 duplex full autoneg on
This limits your B3's network speed to 100 mbps, but it is worth a try to see if this is the problem.

Martijn
leffe

Post by leffe »

Hi,

got a new camera today by special delivery (UPS). This camera is fully functioning, logs on to the network at first sight. I have the same cables and surroundings as before, so it must have been something wrong with the one I sent back.

So, I think case is closed, at least for the moment.

Thanks for all help. Appretiate it very much.

Long live Excito B3.

Best regards,

Leif
leffe

Post by leffe »

Epilogue.

I was forced to send back even the second camera. After a while the colors went to red and pink, and I refuse to work with a camera with false colors. The third camera I got yesterday is still working, though, I wonder for how long time. It seems I've received randomly repaired cameras all the time, you are lucky if you get a functioning one. So, watch out, if you need the D-Link Support for cameras, you may not like what you find.

Leif
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

Ah yes. I had that once with a TV. It started with not showing the initialization menu when I first turned it on and then it didn't respond to the remote, making it a useless hump of plastic and glass. Next the company where I bought it strongarmed me in paying delivery again to exchange it, to which I reluctantly agreed because I did not want to wreck the TV trying to get it down the stairs of my apartment building (and the new one back up again). The replacement actually turned out to be a new one and proof that the first one I got had been a returned product and so they must have known it was defective. I've never bought anything at any branch of that company again.