New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Printing from Android device

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
Gerti

Printing from Android device

Post by Gerti »

Hi,

I just bought the B3 as NAS Server for my Satellite Receiver (Topfield).
I developed an application for the Receiver which connects it to nearly any NAS with NFS Support and it works fine with the Topfield.

Now I also want to use the B3 as printer server, which also seems to work fine if I print from my Windows PC.
Finally I installed the Samsung Mobile Printing App on my Android Tablet and want to print also from the Tablet on the printer, but I failed.
I could make the App detecting the printer by using IPP in the App, but if I want to print, it just shows me error.
I tried to set up job accounting with my username and password on the B3, but also with same result that I get an error on printing.
Does anybody know, how to solve this issue or is it impossible to print from Android via the B3?

Thanks in advance

Best,
Michael
Binkem

Re: Printing from Android device

Post by Binkem »

Dear Michael,

Could you tell us what type of printer you have installed? I've got a Samsung CLP365w. This prints fine using the Samsung mobile printing app, but it doesn't use my B3 as a server.
Gerti

Re: Printing from Android device

Post by Gerti »

Hi!

It is an old ML-2250, so it does not have it's own Network Port.
Thats why I tried to use the B3 as Printerserver for my Printer.

Best regards
Michael