New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

only 10 GB free on new disk?

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
wmnelis

only 10 GB free on new disk?

Post by wmnelis »

I have been struggling with a B3 server that I just bought. I have a WD Caviar Red 2TB drive (which I read somewhere also uses the 4K sectors). I installed the 3TB update from here: http://wiki.excito.org/wiki/index.php/U ... _3TB_disks. Then I installed the regular B3 software. Everything seemed to be working until I noticed that my 2TB drive was only giving me 10GB of space.

I am wondering if the issue I am having is the same as the one discussed in this thread. I am not quite technical enough to understand what I should do. Is there a dumbed-down fix that I can do? Will I need to replace the drives I bought with other older ones so this will work?

Thanks for your help.
johannes

Re: only 10 GB free on new disk?

Post by johannes »

This is strange, firstly, how do you see that you only have 10 GB? Can you post a screenshot?

(It is not related to the 4k sector alignment issue so I have split this into a new thread.)
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)