New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Easyfind poll.

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!

Do you need Easyfind service ?

Yes, I would like to keep using Easyfind service.
53%
No, I don't need Easyfind service
47%

Total votes: 19

Henri

Easyfind poll.

Post by Henri »

As you might have heard, Excito has filed for bankruptcy. This means that certain services will no longer be maintained by the manufacturer of Bubba server.
Easyfind is one of those services. There are skillful and dedicated members in this community, who might be able to restore and keep Easyfind service running. Restoring and running a service like Easyfind takes time and resources.

Question is. Is there a demand for the Easyfind service?
Give your vote to show if Easyfind is needed.

Thank you.

--------------------------------------------------------
Just for the record. I am not affiliated with Excito or Bubba, just a concerned user of B3.
Last edited by Henri on 01 Oct 2014, 16:35, edited 1 time in total.
Binkem

Re: Poll for the users of Easyfind

Post by Binkem »

Is this poll only for the users of easyfind or for all?

I never used the easyfind as I've got my own domain and fixed IP. I do think however that maintaining the service would be a good thing.

Martijn
Henri

Re: Poll for the users of Easyfind

Post by Henri »

Everybody can participate. The percentages does not count but the number of users, who give the vote.
The poll is meant to be a sort of user survey giving a rough estimate how many people use the Easyfind service.

Hopefully number for Easyfind users grows big enough to courage for example Ubi to sacrifice his time to put Easyfind back up and running. http://forum.mybubba.org/viewtopic.php? ... 667#p26167 :D
LarsH

Re: Easyfind poll.

Post by LarsH »

I'm guessing that not everybody who is using this function knows that Excito has filed for bankruptcy . Is it possible to contact them instead and get their votes ?
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

There is requirement to register your bubba with Excito or anyone else. How do you know what your *current* userbase is?
LarsH

Post by LarsH »

What I ment was. If there excist a mailadress for each Nas, then send each of them a mail to get the responce if they need Easyfind or not. These means that everbody will get this mail not only the one who use this function.
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

I may be completely missing a table, but afaik the databases do not contain email addresses
johannes

Post by johannes »

we didn't have any user register of our users, so no, this is not possible.

Ubi, could another option be to check logs at ef.excito.org, to see how many B3's have easyfind running? (should do pings every minute if enabled)? I tried but couldn't find those logs, perhaps easy to turn on?
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

Makes sense, I'll have a look. Mind you though that this only indicates the number of B23s that once activated easyfind. they may not still be using it. For that you also need the DNS request logs. But then again these can be polluted by spam and search engine bots...
OlivierC

Post by OlivierC »

I own two B3.
I never activated Easyfind on the 2nd one
having a dedicated (also called 'fixed' or 'static') IP at the second site.
but still want to use this feature later on the second one (human easy to remember compared to IP address when configuring remote connection)