New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Arch Linux on B3

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
Stryker

Re: Arch Linux on B3

Post by Stryker »

Cilyan wrote:The bootloader resides on the flash memory on the motherboard. It will load any uImage it finds on the first partition of the first sata disk[1]. You need nothing in the disk's MBR like you do for a desktop computer.
I would like to add that it has to be an ext2-Filesystem. Ext3 works too, but I know that ext4 fails (at least with the stock-Uboot).
From the source-code of the community-uboot I assume, that this is still the case.
paulchany

Post by paulchany »

It is very interesting idea to running Arch linux on Bubba 3, but can one do this on Bubba 2 too?
Best, Pali
sakaki

Post by sakaki »

Not sure, it really depends on having an upstream available. I looked into doing an equivalent of my Gentoo B2 live USB with Arch (similar to the B3 Arch live USB) - but ran into the issue that the logical equivalent of archlinuxarm.org, archlinuxppc.org, has apparently gone away, and so I had to give up the idea...

If anyone knows of an alternative (32-bit) ppc upstream for Arch, I'd be interested to know!

best,

sakaki