New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

bug in easyfind secret key decryption

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
Ubi

bug in easyfind secret key decryption

Post by Ubi »

Hi

I noticed that my easyfind never really worked, and now that I have the code I managed to find out why. Problem was that the easyfind code takes the mac address and a unique key from the B23 to validate that the machine is indeed aB23. Problem however is that this input is sanitized using urldecode($_POST['key']). The function urldecode takes the HTML formatted (%2B) strings from the HTML GET command and converts them back to ASCII. But not all codes. In my case, my key had a '+' sign, which was converted to space. This wouldn't be a problem if all the interactions were using this same encodeing.However because the B23 sometimes uses HTTP_POST (not encoded) and sometime HTTP_GET (encoded), there is two records for my machine, one with a NULL pointer to the DNS table. The presence of two records (whereas there should be one) result in a premature script end when an update is encountered.

Solution: I changed the line that uses urldecode() to use rawurldecode(). This latter function does not replace '+' to ' ', but should otherwise have identical behaviour. I'll keep on looking for weird errors in the easyfind log but if anyone notices deprecation in the easyfind behaviour please let us know
SpeedingGuy

Re: bug in easyfind secret key decryption

Post by SpeedingGuy »

Easyfind works great, thx!