New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Problems connecting to b3

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
Thomasjl

Problems connecting to b3

Post by Thomasjl »

Problems connecting to Bubba B3 server
Connected to Lan port on Bubba from Mac Computer. Thunderbolt-Ethernet.
The connection is marked with yellow. There is an IP adress which has been given from the Computer it seems. 169.254.242.139. Net mask. 255.255.0.0.
Routed: blanc
I can find the B3 via its mapped internet adress, but the login does not work. Trying different login Ids.
The wifi is on air, but the logon does not work, password seems to have changed.
The server operating system was re-installed using the sofware downloaded from Excito on USB-stick. I did not reformat the hard drive.
The same issue is still seen.
I have looked at post by user Jeff. But in my case there are no space problems on the disk i believe.
Any idea what can be done to remediate this issue and be able access the stored files again?
Gordon

Re: Problems connecting to b3

Post by Gordon »

The 169.x.x.x address implies that the DHCP server is not working. You could try to manually set the IP address of your workstation to 192.168.10.x (x != 1) and then try if you can ping/connect to 192.168.10.1

Alternatively you could try one of the Live-USB editions from the development forum. Should this give you access you can then mount the disk's root partition (/dev/sda1) and investigate.
Thomasjl

Post by Thomasjl »

MAny thanks Gordon!
I tried download the Image and tried to boot with this USB drive.
It seems I can not get the Boot to start from the USB drive. I have changed and tried a few different memory stick brands. The latest was a new Sandisk.
The downladed image was unpacked (using program The Unarchiver) on my Mac, and the whole thing was then transfered to the USB stick, i.e. archb3img and archb3img.xz.asc . Does this need to reside on a particular folder on the USB Stick ? Do you have any other ides why it does not boot from the USD stick.
Best Regards
Thomas
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

Those Live images are a bit different ;) They are in fact complete file systems and you should write them to /dev/sdX rather than /dev/sdX1. The result is that your USB stick will have three partitions: boot, swap and root.

More info here
Thomasjl

Post by Thomasjl »

Thanks for this suggestion. Unfortunately this goes above my Linux abilities. Thanks anyway
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

Thomasjl wrote: 11 Dec 2018, 16:51 Thanks for this suggestion. Unfortunately this goes above my Linux abilities. Thanks anyway
You run a Mac, don't you? This writing an image to a USB stick should not be any different on it. The stick must be unmounted of course ;)
sakaki

Post by sakaki »

Thomasjl wrote: 11 Dec 2018, 16:51 Thanks for this suggestion. Unfortunately this goes above my Linux abilities. Thanks anyway
You can also use the GUI application Etcher to write these kinds of images to a USB stick if you like. It's free, open-source and cross-platform. https://etcher.io/