New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Got a 4Tb USB disk working on my B2, is it ok?

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
hismaimai7777

Got a 4Tb USB disk working on my B2, is it ok?

Post by hismaimai7777 »

Hi
I have a 4Tb external USB disk with a wd green disk inside. I tried to connect it and the web interface would mount it and it even said 4000Gb. I also run the command df, it responded that the disk was mounted and the total size of the disk was correct. I could also see the files on the disk.
hello everyone i'm new,Have a nice day!!!!
GarrettMor

Re: Got a 4Tb USB disk working on my B2, is it ok?

Post by GarrettMor »

Why wouldn't this be OK? Are there any limitations to what kind of USB disks you can use on B2?
Gordon

Re: Got a 4Tb USB disk working on my B2, is it ok?

Post by Gordon »

You are likely referring to the red flags saying you can't use a disk larger than 2TB inside the B2. This is not a hardware imposed limit though, but is caused by the bootmanager not being able to identify the disk and thus also not being able to boot the operating system. Once the real kernel is loaded you can use a far wider range of disks, but it will still depend on whether the kernel is configured and/or new enough to support a particular type of disk.

Bottom line: if you can access the disk it is perfectly okay to use it and if you can't access the disk then, well, you can't use it.