New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Cannot execute binary file

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
dumbo

Cannot execute binary file

Post by dumbo »

Hi,

I have problem when I try to run CCcam on my B3. I get the following message:

bash: /emu/cccam/CCcam.x86: cannot execute binary file

I have tried the version that are compiled for arm too (armeb). I have read about people how have run CCcam on a Debian squeeze distrubution so I think it should work.

Which compilation works on B3? Anything else I need to do?

BR,
Micke
Cheeseboy

Re: Cannot execute binary file

Post by Cheeseboy »

Hi Micke,
Anything else I need to do?
You could start by telling us exactly what you are trying to install.
I have never heard of this software, and a google search gives more than one answer.

If (whatever it is) offers the source code you could probably compile it yourself for the B3.
The x86 distribution will never work as you have already discovered...

Best regards,

Cheeseboy
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

what's this /emu dir anyway?
pcrene

Post by pcrene »

Hello All,

CCcam is a program to read cards for satellite or cable TV watching. Aslo used for cardsharing what is illegal.

Btw: the extension of the file is x86 so i think it is not for our processor.

Rene

PS: Its all in the name!!!
B3 1T + B-Stor 2T, B2 1T as backup
40 users active....
Opensat4all.Com
dumbo

Post by dumbo »

Yes, it's correct that it's a software emulator for reading cards for satellite or cable TV watching. But it's not illegal if you only use it in your househeld.

I have created a folder /emu/cccam where have placed the binary and config file. I have made the files executable with chmod 755.

There are som differnt binary with extensions:

.x86
.armeb
.armeb.eabi
.mipsel
.ppc

Would any of this format works on B3? I haven't find any source so I can't compile it.
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

well, as you already stated you tried them all (and if not, trying those 5 files takes less time than that forum post), I guess you know the anwer!
pcrene

Post by pcrene »

Hello Dumbo,

If you have got it running ...let me know.

I use CCcam internally here too.. DM800HD and AzboxHD+

Rene
B3 1T + B-Stor 2T, B2 1T as backup
40 users active....
Opensat4all.Com
dumbo

Post by dumbo »

Ubi wrote:well, as you already stated you tried them all (and if not, trying those 5 files takes less time than that forum post), I guess you know the anwer!
But I wonder if anyone know if someone of the format I listed is possible to run on the B3 or if I am doing something wrong?

Because it's an ARM processor in the B3 I think it's the .armeb version that maybe should work. I know that it's possible to compile for ARM on two different ways (little endian or big endian).

I have run CCcam on an NSLU2 before.
kjellberg

Post by kjellberg »

dumbo wrote: There are som differnt binary with extensions:

.x86
.armeb
.armeb.eabi
.mipsel
.ppc
Unfortunately I don't know the exact architecture of the B3, but I can clear out the extensions above:

x86 = Yes, its the good old x86 ;)
armeb = ARM EABI Big-endian
armel = ARM EABI Little-endian (not in the list, but as opposite to the armeb)
mipsel = MIPS with Little-endian
ppc = Power PC (older MAC and stuff)

EABI = Embedded Application Binary Interface, most commonly for PowerPC and ARM architecture

I get a bit confused here because of the armeb and armeb.eabi, but I guess my list is not perfect and the armeb does not have EABI, but armeb.eabi does. Anyone knows?

Can anyone fill out which architecture the B3 uses?

/Kjellberg
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

eabi does *not* mean little endian. armeb.eabi means "arm, ENDIAN-BIG, eabi". And Bubba is clearly not MIPS or PPC either.
Cheeseboy

Post by Cheeseboy »

I made another foray on the web for the source of this illusive software, and the more I see about the places that claim to offer the source (but does not), the more I feel I have to discourage it's use.

How can you even consider to install some piece of code on your machine that is written by someone who doesn't own up to it and lets you know the source?

It is very dodgy, stay well away.
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

There is "a" source claiming to be for cccam available on a few places (e.g. http://www.cardsharing-x.com/cccam-tuto ... -code.html). But this looks incomplete and untrustworthy.
kjellberg

Post by kjellberg »

The interesting part is that the CCcam software is used in commersial product since years back. A relative of mine has got a Dreambox (MIPS-based) that uses the CCcam software and it works just fine there.
But derevatives for otherwise unsupported architectures should offcouse be examined before hapily installed... :!:
dumbo

[Solved] Re: Cannot execute binary file

Post by dumbo »

I decide to use OSCAM instead and to that software it's possible to get the sourcecode and compile it by your self. I have run it now for a couple of week and it seems to work fine.