New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Release notes for Excito B3 software version 2.2.3

Announcements of all software releases for Excito products
carl

Post by carl »

This is a new minor upgrade. The upgrade is available only as a firmware upgrade.

How to upgrade
To upgrade a running system, make sure you don't have any activities running such as uploads, downloads, print jobs etc. Then log in as admin in web-ui. Choose "Settings" menu entry. Choose "Software update" in the sub menu. Press the "Update system" button.

Since the update service depends on root access to the MySQL database, if you have changed the default password the update will fail. If it has been changed, run the update from the command line. Default options should be ok, but you need to provide your MySQL root password.

Install
To (re)install a system please read the manual, section "INSTALLING & REINSTALLING SOFTWARE".

Since this update upgrades the kernel, a reboot will be required after upgrade.

New features and major changes
  • Linux kernel upgraded to 2.6.38 - Relieves some instabilities of wLAN connectivity some customers have encountered
/Carl Fürstenberg, Excito Software Developer
http://www.excito.com
support@excito.com
DanielM

Re: Release notes for Excito B3 software version 2.2.3

Post by DanielM »

...and for the ones that followed my advice and installed the 2.6.38-1dbg kernel: Just doing the above update will not do much difference since apt-get thinks 2.6.38-1dbg is higher than 2.6.38-1. So if you want the official kernel without debugging (might be marginally better performance-wise), do something like this:

Code: Select all

wget http://b3.update.excito.org/pool/main/b/bubba3-kernel/bubba3-kernel_2.6.38-1_armel.deb http://b3.update.excito.org/pool/main/b/bubba3-modules/bubba3-modules_2.6.38-1_armel.deb && dpkg -i bubba3-kernel_2.6.38-1_armel.deb bubba3-modules_2.6.38-1_armel.deb
(all of the above should be on a single row, and you need to be logged on as root)

/Daniel
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

Matse, could you please not post the exact same message into two different fora where you say "Ok, the first command seemed to work ok" whilst actually referring to two entirely different commands! (wget vs ap-get). This is really confusing and slighly irritating as well.
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

and while I submit my own double post one of matses that I refer to disappears so it seems i'm ranting into thin air. Please everyone ignore my ramblings in this forum :/
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Ubi wrote:and while I submit my own double post one of matses that I refer to disappears so it seems i'm ranting into thin air. Please everyone ignore my ramblings in this forum :/
Well, this was my fault. I was writing an answer myself and then I suddenly discovered Matse's dubble posting and simply deleted it. I don't know if that was a bad idea, obviously it could get strange side effects deleting posts like that...

/Daniel
theWebalyst

Post by theWebalyst »

carl wrote:
  • Linux kernel upgraded to 2.6.38 - Relieves some instabilities of wLAN connectivity some customers have encountered
Can you elaborate on this? In particular, what problems it addresses and where these were found (e.g. OS / hardware etc).

Thanks

Mark
Wildboy

Post by Wildboy »

I'm using software version 2.2.4 and still have problems with wlan disconnectiong. Didn't have this problem until a few weeks ago. Any solution coming?
johannes

Post by johannes »

Did you reboot after upgrading? The latest kernel will not be loaded until a reboot...
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
johannes

Post by johannes »

Thanks for reporting. We are looking into it. What android phone is it you are using? Can you give us a list of all other wifi devices you are using when it's unstable? (media players, laptops, phones, pads?).

Thanks,
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)