New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

B3: Poor performance when using VPN client

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
fabio

Re: B3: Poor performance when using VPN client

Post by fabio »

Hi,

I will try NetStumbler.

In the meantime, I've tried to move to the 5GHz frequency and what happen is that Bubba becomes unreachable since it disables Wifi!

I connected with a cable and retried but it looks like it refuses to set to 5GHz (a or a+n)m it disables WiFi and set the switch to hide SSID....

Strange....
fabio

Post by fabio »

Hi,

I've run inSSIDer to analyze the noise level and eventual interferences (thanks for suggestion).

A graph with a line drawing ranges from -30dB and -40dB has appeared. No other lines appeared (i.e. other APs) on the graphs. Can I deduct that there are not network interferences and noise level is ok?
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

maybe i installed an old version but for me I just see a list of closeby wifi networks and a bell-shaped curve for each network. I just put my router on an empty patch within the range. Can you upload a screenshot of what it is you are seeing as I do not understand it.
fabio

Post by fabio »

Hi,

I've been able to move to 5GHz this morning, btw nothing has changed, always 1 out of 4 packets dropped when I'm 10mts away from the station.

Find here the output of the inSSIDer TimeFrame view:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/H ... directlink

I don't know what else to try but giving Bubba back.
Cheeseboy

Post by Cheeseboy »

Hi Fabio,

It looks like you must take Johannes up on his offer, as you might have faulty hardware.
Please complete the partial link he sent (I'm sure you can make out the missing part) and send an email to support_at _excito_ dot_ com.

Cheers,

Cheeseboy
fabio

Post by fabio »

Yes,

so sorry it doesn't work. BTW, so difficult now not to have it for some weeks :)

Thanks to everybody for helping me sorting the issue.

Kudos to Excito for the very good customer support.

Regards,

Fabio