New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Question about PHP

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
arthurmadsen

Question about PHP

Post by arthurmadsen »

I have read that the PHP version of Bubba is 5.3...... is it possible to downgrade to php 5.2... my program is not compatible with php 5.3...

And if Yes --- is it difficult??

Regards Arthur Madsen
Gordon

Re: Question about PHP

Post by Gordon »

arthurmadsen

Post by arthurmadsen »

Yes it looks dramatic to me.... it is a webshop. and it is the ereg-error
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

there is a fix for that issue described here: http://www.devthought.com/2009/06/09/fi ... in-php-53/

In all honesty, i think you can cook your own version of PHP from source, but I think it is less work to modify the code of your open source webshop proggel. PHP has a lot of dependencies and takes a long time to compile.
Nrde

Post by Nrde »

arthurmadsen wrote:Yes it looks dramatic to me.... it is a webshop. and it is the ereg-error
What is the exact error, But anyways I suggest modifying your script or at least try to modify it. PHP is not getting closer to 5.2 ever, so at some point you will have difficulties with scripts that require 5.3.
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

Strangely I can't remember ever having used the simpler ereg() functions because I found them too confusing (I use other stuff with Perl-style regexes as well). Like the link that Ubi provided states, it's fairly simple to rewrite ereg() functions to preg() functions. In fact that simple that you could catch probably over 95% by generic substitution of the ereg filter. If someone else hasn't already done it, just create your own ereg() functions to implement preg() and insert that in the common library that will no doubt exist in your webapp.