New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

B2 wifi performance

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
brokenpike

B2 wifi performance

Post by brokenpike »

My wifi performace on my B2 is limited to 65Mbs and max/typical throughput of 4MBs on my wpa2 n-band 2.5Mhz network. My $60 Belkin wireless router is more than twice as fast with similar channels and bandwidths. As best I can tell my comparison is apples to apples.

Per wicd-gtk the Belkin is always 150Mbs and the B2 is 65Mbs.

Having fiddled with channel, channel size (10 vs. 20) is there something less obvious I could try to speed things up?

I appreciate the that my Belkin router is purpose designed and that my B2 is a is a firewall server that happens to alos be a wireless access point.

V/R

Scott
RandomUsername

Re: B2 wifi performance

Post by RandomUsername »

Is your B2 up-to-date? Some of us were having wi-fi speed issues a couple of versions back on the B3 but it seems to have been resolved with the most recent release.

Also, @Mods please move this to a more appropriate forum.
brokenpike

Re: B2 wifi performance

Post by brokenpike »

My B2 is up to date (v2.4.1). I am not sure why my rig seems to default to G (65Mb/s)when my B2 is serving a g+n WLAN and to 150 Mb/s when my belkin n600 does the same. My laptop wifi card only supports single band n wifi since was is a 2 year old economy model. IIn the end I suspect that my client wifi card is to blame.

lspci -nn | grep -i wire
02:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Atheros Communications Inc. AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter (PCI-Express) [168c:002b] (rev 01)

V/R

Pike