New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

HORDE Webmail & S/MIME - How ?

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
MartinB

HORDE Webmail & S/MIME - How ?

Post by MartinB »

Hello !

Since today I'm a new B3 user ... :D

One of the resons, i decided to buy it, was the installed webmailer Horde.

On the project homepage of Horde everybody can use the Demo-Account to take a look inside of Horde.
Where in the settings it is possible to activate S/MIME settings and upload your own secure key file.

And now I need your help :

How can I active this feature in "my" Horde, too ?

Thanks for any help !!!

Bye, MartinB

P.S.: I'm a german user, so answer in german or in "easy/simply" english, please ... :oops:
MaverikCH

Re: HORDE Webmail & S/MIME - How ?

Post by MaverikCH »

found following lines on googling about horde and s/mime:
When I look at http://domain.com:2095/horde/imp/test.php it says:
"The openssl module is required to use S/MIME in IMP. Compile PHP with --with-openssl to activate"
don't know if it helps. if i got it right, you should have a http://(bubbaname):2095/horde/imp/test.php site which would tell you what is going on.

second is that you need openssl for get it to work. don't know if excito has already preinstalled it. if not, you need to install it over ssh.
MartinB

Post by MartinB »

Danke für die Antwort !

Ich musste den Link etwas anpassen, habe dann aber folgendes ermitteln können :

OpenSSL Support: Yes

Ich warte jetzt erst mal etwas, vielleicht meldet sich der Support noch ...
Gibt es vielleicht eine deutschsprachige Seite zum B3 ?

Danke !

Gruß, MartinB
MaverikCH

Post by MaverikCH »

MartinB wrote:Gibt es vielleicht eine deutschsprachige Seite zum B3 ?
was suchst du genau? das forum ist nur englisch. ich muss mich auch englisch durchschlagen.
bubba kannst du deutsch umstellen, dann lädt es dir auch das handbuch deutsch herunter.

though i think if you want support from excito you need to stay with english ;)
MartinB

Post by MartinB »

OK !

Switching to english again ... :wink:

I'm looking for a german section, because it's much easier for me to explain what i want ...

Bye, MartinB
MaverikCH

Post by MaverikCH »

Maybe the IMP Documentation helps you.
I found following lines:
The following PHP capabilities:
File Upload Support
  • File upload support is required to allow attachments in mail composition and to allow various importing features to work (e.g. importing PGP or S/MIME keys, importing mbox files). See horde/docs/INSTALL for instructions on how to enable file upload support.
OpenSSL support --with-openssl
  • The OpenSSL PHP extension is used by IMP to provide S/MIME support. Without the extension, all S/MIME options will be disabled.
Under the stated Horde Documentation:
The following PHP options are RECOMMENDED to enable advanced features in Horde:

File Upload Support
File upload support is REQUIRED by many applications to allow advanced features to work. To enable file upload support:
  • In your php.ini file, the following line must be present: file_uploads = On
  • Your temporary upload directory must be writable to the user the web server is running as. If you leave the configuration option upload_tmp_dir blank in php.ini, PHP will use the default directory compiled into it (normally /tmp on Unix-like systems).
Set the maximum size of the uploaded files via the upload_max_filesize configuration option in php.ini.
  • For example, to allow 5 MB attachments, place the following line in your php.ini file: upload_max_filesize = 5M
  • If either file_uploads is turned off, or your temporary upload directory is not writable by the server, all file upload functionality will be disabled by Horde and will not be available to the user.
to edit the stated files you need to access it over ssh (putty)
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

Don't know if this helps? (from docs.horde.org)
S/MIME: Overview
What is S/MIME?

S/MIME is a private/public key pair system which provides digital signatures, message privacy, and tamper detection in a open, interoperable way. S/MIME can provide message privacy by encrypting messages that only the sender and the intended recipients can decode. It allows you to identify the sender of a message via a digital signature. Together, this encryption and digital signing help provide tamper detection, allowing recipients to determine whether a message was altered after it was sent.

S/MIME Options

Before you can use S/MIME, you need to configure it in your Options.

Enable S/MIME functionality?

If this option is selected, you will be able to import your personal S/MIME keys, read encrypted mail, verify digitally signed mail, and encrypt/sign your outgoing mail.

S/MIME: Personal Keys
Overview

If you want to digitally sign or encrypt messages you must have your own personal public/private S/MIME keypair.

Import Keypair

Import a personal/private keypair. This button opens a window where you can manually import your existing S/MIME personal public/private keypairs. The keys can either be pasted into a textfield or, if the keys reside in a file on your local computer, you can import them. If the keys are valid they will be inserted into your preferences and the window will close; if not valid, an error message will be returned explaining why.

Key pairs must be imported as PEM format keys (pkcs7 format). Pkcs12 format is not supported.