New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Music / Media Hub

How are you using your Bubba? Got ideas for a cool modification? Share!
TazUk

Music / Media Hub

Post by TazUk »

Just thought I'd drop a note here to say that I'm now using my Bubba as a media streaming hub.

After some initial hiccups I got my PS3 pulling music and photos from Bubba (both running latest firmware).

As of this evening I'm now using Bubba with a Philips Streamium SLA5520 as well to stream MP3s downstairs - it works beautifully with no drops or problems

Everything is done wirelessly over a 802.11G network with WPA1 TKIP, hidden SSID and MAC Authentication. Bubba is hooked in via a Buffalo wireless extender.

So I've finally done it - my old days of 3 pcs around the house and 1 in bits have gone. I'm down to 1 laptop running Vista (yeh, yeh I know - but I'm a Windows developer so it's unavoidable) and the old Shuttle system I used to play MP3s is about to be broken up and offered up to various friends and relatives. My goal of the benefits of the connected house without hordes of beige boxes is finally in sight!

Last remaining bit of work is to redecorate the spare room where Bubba lives, putting in some custom shelves to hide the WD MyBook backup drive hooked into Bubba (using rsync), and hold bubba and the connected printer.

Many thanks to all who've helped me here :D
TazUk
--
The 'Net is a waste of time,
and that's exactly what's right about it.

William Gibson