New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Release notes for Excito Bubba 2&3 software version 2.5

Announcements of all software releases for Excito products
Nrde

Re: Release notes for Excito Bubba 3 software version 2.5

Post by Nrde »

johannes wrote:However there is a workaround meanwhile, you can manually enter cups (b3:631) and set the printer to RAW mode, which will allow you to use a driver on your pc instead.
Yes, I already tried this, the CUPS interface shows the printer but I can't print anything. printing is like black hole, no print, no lights blink on the printer etc.

Also when I try to print a test page from CUPS, I'm asked for credentials, but I have no idea what they might be. B3 admin credentials do not work. So waiting for the "official" fix...
ingo2

Post by ingo2 »

[quote="Nrde"]
Also when I try to print a test page from CUPS, I'm asked for credentials, but I have no idea what they might be.

It's Linux: Be root!!! (details find somewhere in the manual).
UNIX is user friendly, it's just picky about who its friends are.
johannes

Post by johannes »

Ok, sorry about this, we will provide a good workaround guide soon. The fix is also in progress, but will take a little longer.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
carl

Post by carl »

Nrde wrote:
johannes wrote:However there is a workaround meanwhile, you can manually enter cups (b3:631) and set the printer to RAW mode, which will allow you to use a driver on your pc instead.
Yes, I already tried this, the CUPS interface shows the printer but I can't print anything. printing is like black hole, no print, no lights blink on the printer etc.

Also when I try to print a test page from CUPS, I'm asked for credentials, but I have no idea what they might be. B3 admin credentials do not work. So waiting for the "official" fix...
The credentials required are the admin login and password.
/Carl Fürstenberg, Excito Software Developer
http://www.excito.com
support@excito.com
Nrde

Post by Nrde »

carl wrote:
Nrde wrote:B3 admin credentials do not work.
The credentials required are the admin login and password.
I already tried... both the admin and root credentials. (with pw: excito and my changed root pw).

But then, in desperation of making it work I may have broken something - so waiting for exact instructions how to make it work.
Nrde

Post by Nrde »

Nrde wrote:I already tried... both the admin and root credentials. (with pw: excito and my changed root pw).
Update: I re-set my root password and now I get "test page printed, job id laser-2" - but no paper out of the printer, no lights flashing or anything else for that matter. So it seems I really need the "hold my hand" instructions.
beaufils

Re: Release notes for Excito Bubba 2&3 software version 2.5

Post by beaufils »

How and where is the support for Apple Time Machine added ?

I can not see it anywhere in the interface.
johannes

Post by johannes »

It's a service running in the background, so just start timemachine on your Mac and B3 will show up as possible target.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
beaufils

Post by beaufils »

johannes wrote:It's a service running in the background, so just start timemachine on your Mac and B3 will show up as possible target.
OK thank's.
I got it just after I post the question : I noticed that the wiki page (http://wiki.excito.org/wiki/index.php/TimeMachine2) was updated correctly.

You should really consider adding a way to fix the limit size through the web interface.

In fact my main concern was to use an external disk (HFS+ formatted) as the target for the TimeMachine process. The idea is to use an external disk I used directly on a MacOS X host as this target (after plugging it to the b3 box).

Unfortunately it seems that, for now, it is impossible to mount that disk in read/write mode (even if I am sure I am able to do that on Debian).

Any idea ?