New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

How did you hear about Bubba?

How are you using your Bubba? Got ideas for a cool modification? Share!

How did you hear about Bubba or Excito?

Friend's recommendation
20%
Advert in Datormagazin
7%
Magazine review
23%
Search engine or internet review/article
41%
Other (please specify below)
9%

Total votes: 44

bohrax

Post by bohrax »

From the article series about embedded Linux in "Elektronik i Norden".

/Henrik
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

I googled for a NAS solution because I was so pissed of on all available. The Ethernet disc that I have, works like a charm as a hovercraft if you put it with the fans down on a flat surface.

When I found this 4-5 months ago I decided directly to by one but it took until February this year before I did it well in time (a week) before the 750Gb version was released :(
AC1

Post by AC1 »

I was googling for information on Windows Home Server (like, will it be out in my lifetime?) and found a reference to Bubba. As Bubba is just what I wanted (and Home Server is less than half that) I bought one.
J.Acord

Post by J.Acord »

LinuxDevices.com

Too bad the Bubba is out of stock until July! :(
gavinbailey

Post by gavinbailey »

A review in the UK magazine Personal Computer World. Can't wait for it to arrive!
elranchero

how did i hear about bubba?

Post by elranchero »

I actually heard Bubba mentioned on The Linux Action show. But at that time, I wasn't in the market for a device like this.

Lately I started shopping for NAS. I have been in no hurry. I have been looking online at many different devices.

I think I did a google search on 'linux home server" and that's how I found your website.
Pressurized

Post by Pressurized »

UK's Personal Computer World
estorino

Post by estorino »

Ik read about it in a review and became quite excited, I've been thinking about running a home server again. I used to live in a house with 5 other college students and I had a Debian server running in the attic, file server, web server, print server, etc. Now I'm living on my own and have limited space and the electric bill to think about... :)
So, the Bubba seems to have it all, the price is the only thing holding me back right now, but that might change sometime soon. (I have an ad out to sell some spare computer parts)

It's a shame the Bubba doesn't work with SATA harddrives, I have a 320Gb SATA harddisk lying around! (I could post SATA as a feature request...)
estorino

Post by estorino »

I ordered a 320Gb Sky Blue Bubba server today... :) I can't wait to start using it. Hopefully it will arrive some time next week. I've got a nice fast internet connection at home, 24Mbit glassfibre, so file serving and stuff like sharing my photos with my family through a gallery should be a breeze... :)