New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

B3 and Owncloud - guidance

How are you using your Bubba Two or Excito B3? Got pictures? Share here!
GodfatherB

Re: B3 and Owncloud - guidance

Post by GodfatherB »

I decided to install phpMyAdmin, however I have some problems with running it... I fear I might have messed up some folder ownership and permissions.

What is the default ownership and permissions of /home/web and of /var/www?
nobody

Post by nobody »

It does not matter as long as it is not wned by the web server. The webserve should however have read access. Normalle the two olders are owned by root and chmód 755 or 644
GodfatherB

Post by GodfatherB »

Which user is the webserver ... www-data?
nobody

Post by nobody »

Do a

Code: Select all

ps auxw
and look for lines that run apache
redw0001

Post by redw0001 »

An update of where I am with Owncloud now:

I created three calendars for different purposes on my Owncloud Id and have access for update from my Id on Linux, my wife's Id on Linux, mine on Windows and our two ipads. We can see the entries and update them from any location ... nice and easy .. really pleased. Why three, that way the entries are automatically colour coded on the ipads and we can turn one or more off if need be at will.

Contacts, wanted to make a common central list of contacts, which today are split over my phone, my ipad and my windows machine. Unfortunately, not got far and it looks like alot of re-keying is needed as the central list is on Owncloud not started from one of the existing (I bet I'm wrong, I hope I'm wrong here).

Sharing some files mainly through web interface but not had alot of time for this yet, just got it working. I need to focus on this because we keep having problems with permissions and access to files. This is primarily caused by running Linux Mint which does not give access to the numeric ids for users/groups like Suse does. When I was on Suse dead easy to fix mismatches. Once I've got the file sharing clear in my mind I'm moving all the data I can from /storage/common /storage/photos to /storage/cloud and will control access via the owncloud ids.

Photos, can share with a couple of mates who I share a hobby with but not good enough yet and the apps are disappointing, actually it might be my misunderstanding.

Plan:
1: move all data under owncloud on B3.
2: totally reformat B2 onto latest level.
3: use B2 to backup B3 by having a webdav link into B3 owncloud allowing easy copying of changed files.

Simple! I just need to find time to do it all now... as ever.
robin