New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

New wiki

A collection of tips on howto tweak your Bubba.
carl

New wiki

Post by carl »

As our wiki is now up and running, we do propose that you write your howtos there instead of here, though you are not forced to do that.

The Howto section on the wiki can be found at http://wiki.excito.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

/Carl
/Carl Fürstenberg, Excito Software Developer
http://www.excito.com
support@excito.com
Asad

Re: New wiki

Post by Asad »

isn't it a good idea to copy the current howtos from here and put them into the new wiki as well?
it is better to have one main source that is updated.
tor

Post by tor »

Yes, you should consider the wiki the main source for howtos. And any howtos copied would be appreciated :)

/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer
Cheeseboy

Post by Cheeseboy »

Hi Carl,

As you made this post a sticky one, could you please edit it to point to a page that doesn't greet the first-time visitor with "This page has been deleted."?

Cheers,

Cheeseboy
tor

Post by tor »

Hi,

Link updated :) Thx for the heads up.

/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer
Asad

Post by Asad »

Is there a way to enable exporting of articles to PDF format in the wiki?
It would be very useful to have an offline copy of the articles.
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

starlight wrote:Is there a way to enable exporting of articles to PDF format in the wiki?
It would be very useful to have an offline copy of the articles.
You could use something like httrack (http://www.httrack.com) for this...

/Daniel
MouettE
Site admin

Post by MouettE »

I am trying today to update my wiki articles but when I click on Edit, the article source is messed up : instead of wiki syntax I get HTML generated code, which breaks everything. Are you aware of this problem ?
Cheeseboy

Post by Cheeseboy »

MouettE wrote:I am trying today to update my wiki articles but when I click on Edit, the article source is messed up : instead of wiki syntax I get HTML generated code, which breaks everything. Are you aware of this problem ?
Hi MouettE,

I've just tried, and I had no such problems.
Have you perhaps pressed the "Disable Rich Editor" link at the top?

If the problem remains, please send us the link to the specific article and the details of the browser you are using.

Cheers,

Cheeseboy
MouettE
Site admin

Post by MouettE »

The wiki didn't offer the rich editor, so I modified my language preference to English. Then I had access to the rich editor, disabled it and accessed to the normal wiki syntax article source. So I suppose this has to do with the language preference ... I will stay in English for now !
Cheeseboy

Post by Cheeseboy »

MouettE wrote:The wiki didn't offer the rich editor, so I modified my language preference to English. Then I had access to the rich editor, disabled it and accessed to the normal wiki syntax article source. So I suppose this has to do with the language preference ... I will stay in English for now !
That sounds pretty crappy to me.
You might want to send an email to support@excito.com and report your experience...