New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Owncloud and ph php 5.3.3

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
DanielM

Owncloud and ph php 5.3.3

Post by DanielM »

Hi all.
Today Owncloud 6.0 rc2 was released. 6.0 rc1 works very well on my B3, but when I tried to upgrade to rc2 I suddenly got a big text in my face saying that PHP 5.3.8 or higher is required. Doh.

I'm thinking about my alternatives here:

1. Simply staying on rc1. Will do for the moment, but I guess sooner or later I will need to upgrade.

2. Upgrading PHP. If I'm not misremembering this isn't a piece-of-cake (if it's at all possible?).

3. Upgrading OS. I've seen guides floating around for upgrading to Wheezy, but I guess this is no piece-of-cake either?

4. Simply moving on. I've actually started looking at something like a Qnap TS-121, which seems like a nice piece of hw. I'd hate leaving the Excito community, but my B3 really isn't doing all I want it to anymore.

Am I missing any alternative here? I've become quite dependant on Owncloud so i need to resolve this :cry:

/Daniel
Gordon

Re: Owncloud and ph php 5.3.3

Post by Gordon »

AFAIK there's no official Squeeze package for a higher version of php than 5.3.3, but you could probably compile one yourself by grabbing the source. The most difficult part here will be to specify the correct options to the configure script (which functions to include).
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Turned out it wasn't very difficult to solve. Only reason they now require 5.3.8 is because they think older versions are buggy. So a quick edit of owncloud/lib/private/util.php made it work again (as found in http://owncloud.10557.n7.nabble.com/own ... 11373.html).

Anyway, Squeeze WAS bleeding edge when I bought my B3 but it really isn't fresh anymore, so I still need to give this a think...

/Daniel
Puma

Post by Puma »

Daniel,

I installed onwcloud 6a without any problems.

Contacts in owncloud cannot be edited is this a PHP 5.3.3. problem?

Thunderbird addresses synchronizes from onwcloud to thunderbird (with SOGO addon) but not from thunderbird to owncloud.

Thunderbird lightning works perfect.

Sync with android is also without problems.

Puma
Linux is like a wigwam - no windows, no gates, apache inside!
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Puma wrote:I installed onwcloud 6a without any problems.

Contacts in owncloud cannot be edited is this a PHP 5.3.3. problem?
Yep. I never said that, but if you read the forum thread in my link you can see that they removed the dependency and instead made it a warning for RC3 (and thus also 6.0.0 and 6.0.0a). So now it works well to install, however I don't think they accept bug reports for users with php below 5.3.8, since apparently it's kinda broken.

However, I tried activating the contacts module here and it works fine, so it's no general 5.3.3 error. Actually it's working very well, maybe I should use it for my address book instead of Google contacts...

/Daniel