New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Launched to consumers in Sweden now!

Discussion about Excito V1 - a.k.a. Tele2 TV Player
johannes

Launched to consumers in Sweden now!

Post by johannes »

/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
bico

Re: Launched to consumers in Sweden now!

Post by bico »

Interesting! Looks good! Sounds nice!

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I'd say that there seems to be a little too little information about the device to buy it right away. A couple of questions:
  1. Is there a specification for the device? Is there a User's Guide for it?
  2. How do you connect the device to your TV? Via HDMI?
  3. What WiFi standards are available and supported by the device? b, g and/or n?
  4. How do you control the device until the iPhone application is available and downloadable in the Apple App Store if you don't have an Android device availbale?
Thanks a lot in advance!

/Birger
johannes

Post by johannes »

Hi, you are right, the information is too thin still, we are working on that in the next few days.

1. Is there a specification for the device? Is there a User's Guide for it?
Not yet, coming up on the site soon. Users guide is almost unneccessary but there is a really short quick-start-guide in the box. The app is self explanatory.
2. How do you connect the device to your TV? Via HDMI?
Yes.
3. What WiFi standards are available and supported by the device? b, g and/or n?
802.11 abgn. Ethernet is also available for those who don't have a stable wifi.
4. How do you control the device until the iPhone application is available and downloadable in the Apple App Store if you don't have an Android device availbale?
You don't, the only option is Android until the iOS app is available, sorry.
bico

Post by bico »

A few more questions:
  1. How about the hardware specification? How much memory are there? Are the USB ports version 2 or 3?
  2. Is the device locked down or can you by any means upgrade or replace the contents?
Thanks a lot in advance!

/Birger
johannes

Post by johannes »

1. 1 GB RAM, 2 GB FLASH, 1 GHz Cortex A9 CPU with video HW acceleration (ex. H264 1080p60 up to 25 Mbps). 3 x USB 2.0 ports and 1 x TF (micro-SD)
2. It's fully locked down for various reasons, we are looking into if we can let you guys in, let me get back on that topic.