New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Problem installing Owncloud on B3

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
canonjon

Problem installing Owncloud on B3

Post by canonjon »

Hi

I wanted to try owncloud so I serched this forum for information and I found http://forum.excito.net/viewtopic.php?f ... t=owncloud.
I have done the following:
1. change_distribution elvin -u
2. apt-get update
3. apt-get install apache2 php5 php5-json php5-gd php5-sqlite curl libcurl3 libcurl3-dev php5-curl php5-common php-xml-parser
4. wget http://download.owncloud.org/community/ ... 0a.tar.bz2
5. apt-get install bzip2
6. tar -xjf ./owncloud-4.5.5.tar.bz2
7. cp -r owncloud /home/web
8. chown -R www-data:www-data /home/web/owncloud
9. service apache2 restart
10. Tried to open owncloud with firefox and the adress b3/owncloud but nothing happened
11. restarted B3

When I open owncloud through firefox with the adress b3/owncloud I get the owncloud startup page. I have to create a admin account and under advanced I see where the data folder is located (/home/web/owncloud/data). I also have to configure the database which is mysql. I have to write database user and password and also database namn + database server. I have tried many combinations but I can´t get pass this. The only thing that happens when I press the finish installation button is that the page becomes white with no information and nothing happens.

Things I have done to solve this is.
I have enabled all servivces on the B3 and all access via wan.
I have tried to change mysql too sqlite in the config.php (home/web/owncloud/config) with the line "dbtype" => "sqlite", but when I tried to open owncloud in firefox I got the message "could not find driver".

What can be the problem?
What can I do?

Best Regards
Jon
DanielM

Re: Problem installing Owncloud on B3

Post by DanielM »

Database server should be "localhost" (or maybe "127.0.0.1"), database name is the name of the database you've created and database username and password is the username and password of an user that you've created in mysql and that has permissions to the database.

/Daniel
canonjon

Post by canonjon »

Hi

Ok, so I have to create a database. I searched ownclouds webpage and found the following.
http://doc.owncloud.org/server/5.0/admi ... abase.html

To start the MySQL command line mode use:
mysql -uroot -p

Then a mysql> prompt will appear. Now enter the following lines and confirm them with the enter key:
CREATE USER 'username'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'password';
CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS owncloud;
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON owncloud.* TO 'username'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'password';

You can quit the prompt by entering:
exit

In the ownCloud configuration you need to set the hostname on which the database is running and a valid username and password to access it. ( I wrote the following in the config.php [home/web/owncloud/config])

<?php
"dbtype" => "mysql",
"dbname" => "owncloud",
"dbuser" => "username", (here I wrote a real username)
"dbpassword" => "password", (here I wrote a real password)
"dbhost" => "localhost",
"dbtableprefix" => "",

When I open owncloud through firefox with the adress b3/owncloud I get the same startup page as before. I fill in admin name and password. I write the username and password and also owncloud and localhost and finally press finish. But result is the same a white page with ni information and nothing happens.

Is this the right way?
What am I doing wrong?

Best Regards
Jon
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

It sounds to me like you're doing everything right (providing you put the correct username and password at the correct place). Try looking in /var/log/apache2/error.log, do you see anything useful there?

/Daniel
canonjon

Post by canonjon »

I had a look at the apache2 error log and this is what I found after two attempts to login in through the startup web page.

[Thu Jan 16 19:10:14 2014] [error] [client 192.168.10.94] File does not exist: /home/web/favicon.ico
[Thu Jan 16 19:10:44 2014] [error] [client 192.168.10.94] PHP Fatal error: xcache_clear_cache(): xcache.admin.user and/or xcache.admin.pass settings is not configured. Make sure you've modified the correct php ini file for your php used in webserver. in /home/web/owncloud/lib/private/util.php on line 1088, referer: http://b3/owncloud/index.php
[Thu Jan 16 19:15:05 2014] [error] [client 192.168.10.94] PHP Fatal error: xcache_clear_cache(): xcache.admin.user and/or xcache.admin.pass settings is not configured. Make sure you've modified the correct php ini file for your php used in webserver. in /home/web/owncloud/lib/private/util.php on line 1088, referer: http://b3/owncloud/index.php
[Thu Jan 16 19:15:35 2014] [error] [client 192.168.10.94] PHP Fatal error: xcache_clear_cache(): xcache.admin.user and/or xcache.admin.pass settings is not configured. Make sure you've modified the correct php ini file for your php used in webserver. in /home/web/owncloud/lib/private/util.php on line 1088, referer: http://b3/owncloud/index.php

The only thing I understand is that admin username and password is not created via startup web page or that I have to create a admin username and password via ssh in some file.

What do you think?

/Jon
Puma

Post by Puma »

Jon,

edit /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/xcache.ini
[xcache.admin]
xcache.admin.enable_auth = On
; Configure this to use admin pages
xcache.admin.user = "admin"
; xcache.admin.pass = md5(thepasswordwithoutMD5encryption)
xcache.admin.pass = "thepasswordwithMD5encryption"
Save and restart apache.

Than it will work

Puma
Linux is like a wigwam - no windows, no gates, apache inside!
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Puma wrote:edit /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/xcache.ini
This is strange. I've never touched my xcache.ini (it says xcache.admin.enable_auth = Off), but for me OwnCloud works like a charm anyway. What is the difference between me and OP?

/Daniel
canonjon

Post by canonjon »

Hi

I wrote the following in /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/xcache.ini

[xcache.admin]
xcache.admin.enable_auth = On
; Configure this to use admin pages
xcache.admin.user = "admin" [here I wrote my admin user name]
; xcache.admin.pass = md5(thepasswordwithoutMD5encryption) [here I wrote my admin password]
xcache.admin.pass = "thepasswordwithMD5encryption" [ I used the web site http://www.md5generator.de/ to generate MD5 encryption of the admin password]

Finally I restrated apache and now I can get pass the owncloud startup page.

Thanks alot for all the help.

Best Regards
Jon

P.S. Hopefully this thread can help others that want to try owncloud on the B3 D.S.
canonjon

Post by canonjon »

Hi again

I just wanted a confirmation that the adress for external access to owncloud on B3 is the http://xxxxxxx.myownb3.com/owncloud?

And if that is correct I can't use my own username and password, those that I wrote in config.php at home/web/owncloud/config but I can use admin username and password to access owncloud on the B3. Is that correct or am I back to problem solving again?

It is really close now so from a slightly tired but happy camper.
Best Regards
Jon
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

canonjon wrote:I just wanted a confirmation that the adress for external access to owncloud on B3 is the http://xxxxxxx.myownb3.com/owncloud?
Sounds correct, provided you use the myownb3 service.
canonjon wrote:And if that is correct I can't use my own username and password, those that I wrote in config.php at home/web/owncloud/config but I can use admin username and password to access owncloud on the B3. Is that correct or am I back to problem solving again?
The username and password in config.php are for communication between OwnCloud and the database, so it sounds quite right that you can't use them for logging into OwnCloud.

/Daniel
canonjon

Post by canonjon »

Hi

I am still working things out and sometimes I get it right and sometimes I have no clue.

On the B3 I have my music at /home/storage/music. How can I get my music too owncloud? Do I have to move them from the B3 location too the owncloud location or can I make a link (is it called symlink?) that will make owncloud to think that the music is there? How do I move the music files or how do I create the link?

Best Regards
Jon
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

You could try something like "ln -s /home/storage/music /home/web/owncloud/data/<username>/files/music", it would get you a symbolic link in the OC data dir to your music. I'm not 100% OC will pick them up there automatically though, never tried it myself :wink:

/Daniel
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

If soft links do not work you can always mount --bind your music folder inside your owncloud folder.
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Ubi wrote:If soft links do not work you can always mount --bind your music folder inside your owncloud folder.
I don't think the problem is how it's linked, I would say that the problem is that OwnCloud doesn't sees files on the file system that hasn't been added the "correct way" and thus doesn't exist in the database. I tried simply copying in a file and I can't see it in OC. Even tried running a "php console.php files:scan" and it didn't turn up. So it seems it's not as easy as I first thougt.

/Daniel
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

odd, I always copy files straight into the owncloud folder and its always picked up. I'll test this again