New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Excito B3 NAS - ethernet turned off‏

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
ranem

Excito B3 NAS - ethernet turned off‏

Post by ranem »

Hi,
I have a problem with my Excito B3 NAS. I’ve been using the NAS over the past period and never a problem, but some weeks ago it suddenly didn’t show up in my network anymore and it didn’t go online. When I restart it, everything seems to work perfect. The LED turns blue, the ethernet cable blinks for connectivity, but there’s no activity in the network, the B3 doesn't request a lease (on my modem the LED for the LAN port stays off).

Here’s what I tried to solve the problem:
- I’ve placed a different HDD in the NAS with the Excito software on it, and that works. Hence the ethernet port is working properly.
- I’ve used an USB-LAN adapter, but the Excito B3 doesn’t respond, where other LINUX systems do.

I believe the correct sollution would be to give the command: ifconfig eht0 up, but I really don’t know how to give that command to the system. Does anyone here know how to solve this problem? Is there software that I could use to solve/analyse this problem?
Ubi

Re: Excito B3 NAS - ethernet turned off‏

Post by Ubi »

how about connecting to the other ethernet port?
ranem

Post by ranem »

That was indeed the first option I tested. Both ethernet ports has been turned off, so no luck there.
stasheck

Post by stasheck »

So it runs if you use another disk, but you need to check what's wrong with software on current disk? Is that right?

If so, I see two options: run the device from rescue stick (which would allow to check if all is OK with the drive), or solder serial connection and debug over serial.
ranem

Post by ranem »

I managed to fix it using the rescue stick. Thanks for the support
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

Please describe what you fixed so that others may also find use in this thread. There's few things as annoying as trying to solve a problem, finding a forum thread that describes your problem with a solution, but without a description of that solution.