New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

B3 and LMS

How are you using your Bubba Two or Excito B3? Got pictures? Share here!
redw0001

B3 and LMS

Post by redw0001 »

I have an unused B3, currently sitting on the shelf. I have decided to make it into a dedicated LMS server for my music to serve my Squeezeboxes.

I can see options of Debian, Gentoo, and Arch as a result of all the hard work a number of people have put into providing replacement Linux installs instead of relying on the (old) supplied version.

I'm interested in knowing if anyone is using LMS on any of the above?

Many thanks
Gordon

Re: B3 and LMS

Post by Gordon »

There is LMS in Bubbagen and yes I use that myself.
sakaki

Post by sakaki »

archlinuxarm.org does not have LMS in their official repo.
There is this project which apparently works, but I haven't tried it myself.
Best, sakaki
redw0001

Post by redw0001 »

Well, as ever, my thanks to Gordon and Sakaki for the information. My RPis run on Arch so that is an initial temptation, however, I think I'll give Gentoo a shot. The LMS server will only be running one or two Squeezeboxes and is independent of my main music server which does other stuff as well so may just sit and play for a long time.
redw0001

Post by redw0001 »

Well, had a quick shot at this today before I had to leave home. The download, key build and boot all went fine.

After a bit of trial and error I have the system running. Two things I'm stuck at presently are:

1: If I change the Network setting to Server only I only end up with SSH working. Looks like something happens such that Apache will no longer start.
2: I enabled the LMS service through admin but cannot find the web address. Used to be that 9000 was the default is that still true with this build?