New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Trouble with bubbagen live boot

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
UdfnYkyOj7F

Trouble with bubbagen live boot

Post by UdfnYkyOj7F »

Tried a sandisk cruzer 16GB and a Verbatim 16GB but only they start green then go black lamp 5 sec then purple, but only back to blue after disk system boots.

If removing main disk to boot on diskless, both USB only stop booting and never turns green again.

Wrote .xz file to the USB by menthod on github with Ubuntu and to another on Mac using balenaEtcher. Both method create USB with boot, swap and root partitions.

Code: Select all

auser@auser-dell:~$ blkid | grep sdb
/dev/sdb1: SEC_TYPE="msdos" LABEL="boot" UUID="EED5-410D" TYPE="vfat" PARTUUID="05a8fc63-01"
/dev/sdb2: LABEL="swap" UUID="60a17af4-db8e-484e-b9eb-251d2423e315" TYPE="swap" PARTUUID="05a8fc63-02"
/dev/sdb3: LABEL="root" UUID="232f3fd4-6b37-406d-bb5c-c96674ceefac" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="05a8fc63-03"
Are these result meaning the USB not bootable?

I can put the debian buster rescue install and the firmware update on the usb's and they work but cant get bubbagen to go.

How can we debug the boot up?

Thanks for ideas.
Gordon

Re: Trouble with bubbagen live boot

Post by Gordon »

Hi,

I fear the problem may be in the Bubbagen bootloader that at least in the openrc version was found to target the harddisk for the kernel instead of the USB stick. I'm currently finishing up on version 1.13 which should be up in about half an hour from now and fixes (amongst other) this issue.

Gordon
UdfnYkyOj7F

Post by UdfnYkyOj7F »

Thanks for updateing Gordon.
Today I got b3 bubbagen on the hard drive.

Code: Select all

Current version
Detailed information
Package name          Package version
bubba                 1.13.0
bubba3-kernel         4.19.52-gentoo-b3
bubba-frontend        2.6-r8
bubba-backend         9999
singapore             0.10.1_pre160712
filetransferdaemon    0.55-r6
logitechmediaserver   7.8.0_p10
I did run the USB with a blank HD, then found the login ssh on the WAN port and run install to HD script. I don't know if it was something different that eralier I was trying USB boot on system with a HD having working Debian from the other threads. Now after install script it is booting to HD.

I think the lamp however is still having a bit of red showing. Not bright blue like debian B3. Is there a file to write at for altering the color of the lamp? Or way to check state from ssh root@b3?
UdfnYkyOj7F

Post by UdfnYkyOj7F »

nevermind lamp. seems like known issue. thanks again for the help.