New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Bubbagen live-USB for B3 updated (version 1.13)

Discuss development on Bubba
Gordon

Re: Bubbagen live-USB for B3 updated (version 1.13)

Post by Gordon »

beatgr wrote: 02 Apr 2020, 16:34 So I installed the Bootable live-USB of Bubba OS on my SanDisk Cruzer Fit 16GB USB.
It successfully loaded on B3 , but did not mount the 3 TB hard drive.
That is correct. The Live-USB does not touch your hard drive unless you specifically tell it to (or run install)
beatgr wrote: LED was Green !
Logged in via SSH, and Ran “genup” ...
ran across issue where it was looking for path on Gordon’s repository (could not find).
I will see if that session was captured to recover.
Any more info on that? Was that related to the `bindist` flag issue reported earlier or did you run into something else?
beatgr wrote: Loaded the image on /dev/sda (3 TB hard drive), THEN “reboot”. LED is Blue !
Excellent! Enjoy your `new` B3 ;)
beatgr

Post by beatgr »

Gordon wrote:Any more info on that?
Was that related to the `bindist` flag issue reported earlier or did you run into something else?
YES, the install error message seems to be related to ‘bindist’.

genup USE="-bindist" appears to have resolved, with a couple of minor errors.

gb
jallee

Post by jallee »

Hi Gordon.
Trying out the newest bubbagen openRC version. :)

Code: Select all

# USE="bindist" emerge --oneshot --nodeps app-admin/bubbagen

!!! Problem resolving dependencies for app-admin/bubbagen

!!! The ebuild selected to satisfy "app-admin/bubbagen" has unmet requirements.
- app-admin/bubbagen-9999.5::bubba USE="bindist -systemd"

The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied:
    systemd

# 
Do i need to change to the systemd version instead or is it possible to get it working on openRC also?
Regards // Jallee
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

Entering `--nodeps` on the command line is pretty dangerous. In this case it causes portage to select the highest available version which due to the chosen versioning method happens to be the systemd version.

Also, the `bindist` USE flag is strictly for me to be able to distribute the software, which would otherwise get me in trouble with patent restrictions. Unless you intent to redistribute the software it is my advise that you do not re-enable `bindist`.
jallee

Post by jallee »

Ok i see.
It was this in the README.md file who got me wonder. :D

"This does not only set the bindist flag but also includes several package specific masks and USE flags required to handle conflicts with the bindist flag. When you are done installing your additional software and/or updates you can use the same command but now with USE="-bindist" to remove the bindist flag and related config files from portage settings."
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

Hmmm.... I definitely need to re-author that bit. At least the command in the code block...