New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

easyfind service

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
dakk

easyfind service

Post by dakk »

Hello,
I haven't used B3 for a few years and recently I have turned it on.
I wonder if easyfind service still works, because when I turn it on, I can't connect to my B3 from internet.
Gordon

Re: easyfind service

Post by Gordon »

Still works. It may take some time to propagate through the internet though.

Also, what Operating System are you running on the B3? Between the transfer from Excito to Rodeus the online services have been temporarily hosted on a different domain name and an update was released to make the B3 target that other domain. If you run the original software it is possible that your system is not looking at the correct server and thus fails. To get more information, use SSH to access the B3 and run `perl /usr/lib/web-admin/easyfind.pl` - if something is wrong it will print a message about it on screen.
dakk

Post by dakk »

Thank You for Your answer.
I use original software ver. 2.6.0.3
When I use command 'perl /usr/lib/web-admin/easyfind.pl' I get:
{"opcode":1,"record":{"domain_id":"1","content":"111.111.111.11","name":"abc.myownb3.com","type":"A","id":"3281"},"error":false,"operation":"IPupdate"}
(I changed IP address and login before myownb3.com)

Should it work?
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

Seems good to me. So yes, should work. Of course you still need to open firewall ports/configure forwarding on your main router.