New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Installing Slimserver on Bubba?

How are you using your Bubba? Got ideas for a cool modification? Share!
boerner

Post by boerner »

Hello tor,

I haven't made a purchase yet, but if you could fit the equivalent functionality of this board:

http://www.logicsupply.com/products/ms_9801

In the Bubba chassis with the Bubba software, and support Slimserver out of the box, I would purchase it without hesitation.

Should give enough juice for a while, and since the Geode LX is the proc in the OLPC project, you know people will be optimizing code for it.

Only thing that board is missing is a SATA connector.

Just my two cents :-) Bubba really does look like a nice product. Keep up the good work.
doraemon

Slimserver running?

Post by doraemon »

Is there any way to see if slimserver is actually running?
Nothing happens on port 9000, and I've been waiting a few days now for it to start up...
I had it working fine until I upgraded to the latest Bubba firmware.
Maybe I should just wait longer?
tor

Post by tor »

Hi doraemon,

It should not take days for slimserver to start. It should be available in a few minutes after start.

If you have the chance, can you reboot your Bubba and see if it starts then?

/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer
doraemon

Post by doraemon »

Hmm. I get the squeezebox going, though it lags like hell. Several seconds delay from pressing the remote (maybe it's because it's scanning the music library..?).
But I don't get any contact with "http://bubba:9000". Any pointers on that?

Update: Newest version of softsqueeze works ok, it's just that damn webinterface.

Update 2: Problem solved!