New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

B3 bricked or broken?

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
Satrap

B3 bricked or broken?

Post by Satrap »

Hi guys,

yesterday I tired to update u-boot to be able to connect bigger HDD drives.
Downloaded uboot-rodeus.zip (from this forum), formated Sandisk USB flash drive as MBR+FAT32. Copied to flash drive. Booted with button pushed.
As soon LED turned greed, I released the button and was waiting for approx 20-30 minutes. Led in the front remained green.
So after approx 30 minutes I restarted B3.

Led in the front of the box is dead. All other LEDs except both RJ45 are of. Both LEDs (link and activity) on WAN and LAN are on. Nothing happens.

After I realized I bricked my B3 I read thru the forum, tried to flash uboot_3TB.zip from different (confirmed as working) sandisk flash drives.
No success at all.

I also tried to connect via serial (UART) but I cannot see anything in putty or from linux minicom. Is there any special adapter needed?
I used different adapters: Prolific USB to Serial, Silicon Labs 210x USB to UART, USB Serial CH340. Tried also transfer speed from 9600 up to 115200.

Any Ideas what else i could try? The most concerning thing is that the front led is completely dead, so its, not white, yellow, blue, purple or something else. It just off.
Last edited by Satrap on 22 May 2022, 11:45, edited 1 time in total.
Satrap

Re: B3 bricked or broken?

Post by Satrap »

MouettE
Site admin

Re: B3 bricked or broken?

Post by MouettE »

If you have a serial connection you can use kwboot to boot from the serial line itself as kirkwood platforms have this builtin recovery method. I've written a tutorial here you can try it.
Satrap

Re: B3 bricked or broken? [solved]

Post by Satrap »

thank you for the quick reply and tutorial. B3 is up and running again. :D

I've read the thread before, but obviously not careful enough :oops:
alexis92

Post by alexis92 »

Satrap wrote: 22 May 2022, 11:22 B3 is up and running again. :D
I was following the previous thread, That's good to hear. :D
MouettE
Site admin

Post by MouettE »

Satrap wrote: 22 May 2022, 11:22 thank you for the quick reply and tutorial. B3 is up and running again. :D
Awesome !