New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Bubba Server Install images

Got comments on forum and website
MartinArvidsson

Bubba Server Install images

Post by MartinArvidsson »

Hello community,

Since the Bubba Server forum is archived I need to write here.

So, my HDD is 15+ years old now and some people advice me to replace my disk, but I can't find any installation/flash image for Bubba Server (Yes the old one). I know there is a git repository (https://github.com/orgs/Excito/repositories) with instructions on how to create various images for Bubba|Two and B3, but I can't find any for the Bubba Server. Is there somewhere I can download install images for the Bubba Server?

Also if there is any former Excito employee here, do you have any sha/md5 sums of Excito official images so I am able to verify a image if I manage to get my hands on one?

Regards,
Martin
Gordon

Re: Bubba Server Install images

Post by Gordon »

My suggestion is that you simply clone your current disk rather than start from scratch. Since the Bubba series has always used 'green' disks there should not be a real issue finding a disk with the same size as these are still pretty standard in USB enclosures. You could in fact buy one of those and pry it open to extract the disk and after cloning put the old one in to keep as backup.