New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

RSS support?

Want new functionality in Bubba? Discuss it here.
Juggler

RSS support?

Post by Juggler »

I'm thinking of buying a Bubba but I would like to know if there is a way to get it to check rss feeds and download files by itself via http and/or bittorrent? Didn't find any mention of it in the manual.
tor

Post by tor »

Hi Juggler,

Today Bubba unfortunately does not support this. But it actually is on our wanted feature list. Since we already have our download manager capable of torrent,http and ftp downloads its not that far off to add downloads triggered by rss feeds.

What features would you like of such an application? Subscriptions, filter on what to download, automatic or manual download etc...

Regarding ready to install software i must admit that I'm not that up to date on what is available.

/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer
Juggler

Post by Juggler »

The features I can think of right now are everything you mentioned plus filtering on size, automatic moving to a specific directory depending on feed and/or file type. Maybe auto-create a html-file of what has been downloaded and/or e-mail notification. If I can think of more I'll add them in this thread.

/Juggler
Calder

Post by Calder »

I second Juggler on that request! Bring in RSS feeds for Bittorrent and I will happily buy one! Bought a Linksys NSLU for that reason. Without knowing anything about Linux I managed to write a Bash-script to check an RSS feed and download the appropriate .torrent-files. Haven't installed a BT-client yet though (lazy)...

By the way, what is the maximum DL-speed if I only use it for BT? Have a 24MBit line, and would like to use it to it's capacity!
Cheeseboy

Post by Cheeseboy »

By the way, what is the maximum DL-speed if I only use it for BT? Have a 24MBit line, and would like to use it to it's capacity!
Hi Calder,

I also have a 24Mbit line, and I get nearly the same speed on a single BT download as I get on my PC. If you have several busy BT downloads the speed will decrease due to the slower CPU, but it has never really been an issue due to slow seeders etc. I often have faster upload than download, even though I only have 4Mbit upstream... You can limit upload speed, but I haven't bothered.

Cheers

Cheeseboy
Cheeseboy

Post by Cheeseboy »

A typical example, showing DL/UL speeds, and also top output. Note that ftd is the process that is downloading/uploading the torrent.
The bottleneck is not the CPU or the network connection, but rather the availability of the the torrent.
[Link removed]
Last edited by Cheeseboy on 08 Jun 2013, 09:43, edited 1 time in total.
Calder

Post by Calder »

Sounds great... Would be great to give my computer a rest, last restart was a while ago... Will wait for RSS-support first before I buy though.
Calder

Post by Calder »

Has there been any development regarding RSS lately?
Still looking at buying a Bubba...