New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Picture or image server

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
dengamle

Post by dengamle »

I have now tried the package and it works great. (Although the quality of the generated thumbnails is not the best, but hey, you can't have it all... :) )

Thanks for your help Tor!

Btw. documentation regarding mkjpegthumb is somewhat limited :) Does anyone have some documentation on the command except from --help option?
tor

Post by tor »

Hi dengamle,

Regarding mkjpegthumb. That is actually stolen directly from the spgm distribution, should be found in the tools directory named genthumb.sh. I have only modified it to use epeg instead of imagemagick.

/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

I would really like a wee app that will copy photos from my /home/storage/pictures/ folder to /home/web/gallery/gal/ folder and resize to a suitable resolution for web viewing, Possibly 800x600.
Then for it to go through a second run coping and renaming photos to create thumbnails.

And ideally scheduled to run at quite time in the early hours of the morning.

Can mkjpegthumb be set to do this?
dengamle

Post by dengamle »

Hi GaryL,

I'm quite sure you could do something like this by creating a script which loops through your folders and calls mkjpegthumb. This script could be scheduled to run at night using cron.

I have thought about creating this myself for a long time but haven't found the time for it yet. So I can't make any promises on when I will get around to doing it...

Since it is an obvious thing to want on a system where you have your galleries, I wonder if someone else has created this script?

I will of course let you know if I create this script before someone else posts their solution in this thread. But don't count on it happening too soon :)

Best regards dengamle.