New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Help with FTP user restriction

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
Vaionixx

Help with FTP user restriction

Post by Vaionixx »

Hi, Need some help with my Bubba FTP, Need to set restrictions witch user that can see, read and write to difrent maps when using external FTP.

Now when i creates a user on Bubba and use total comander to FTP in to the buba the user (non admin) can see every map on the server regarding if the map is another user or anything.

I whant user1 only to see the maps I say he/she can see not anything else. anny one have anny idé if and how I can do that? is it in the smb.conf i should do a [user1] conf or?

I hope you can understand what i need help with, when my english isn´t so good. :oops:

Best regards Markus
ceb

Re: Help with FTP user restriction

Post by ceb »

Vaionixx wrote:Hi, Need some help with my Bubba FTP, Need to set restrictions witch user that can see, read and write to difrent maps when using external FTP.

Now when i creates a user on Bubba and use total comander to FTP in to the buba the user (non admin) can see every map on the server regarding if the map is another user or anything.

I whant user1 only to see the maps I say he/she can see not anything else. anny one have anny idé if and how I can do that? is it in the smb.conf i should do a [user1] conf or?

I hope you can understand what i need help with, when my english isn´t so good. :oops:

Best regards Markus
There are standard ways in Linux to set up the running of an FTP deamon inside a chroot jail -- it remains to be investigated whether these will work with the integrated avahi FTP server in use on the Bubba server.
riCo

Post by riCo »

Anyone know a way to set up restriction for a user (ftp)?
So this can be changed:
"Now when i creates a user on Bubba and use total comander to FTP in to the buba the user (non admin) can see every map on the server regarding if the map is another user or anything. "
Thanks!
Eek

Post by Eek »

Check out http://www.proftpd.org/

adding the following code to the /etc/proftpd/proftpd.conf file constraints the users to their home directory

Code: Select all

<Global>
DefaultRoot ~
</Global> 
cheers
Eek