New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Downloads gone from web-admin

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
aliquis

Downloads gone from web-admin

Post by aliquis »

This is a question from another thread, that never got answered.

I installed XSP to make some tests, but then I could not access Bubba via HTTP at all. I uninstalled XSP and after some tweaking I got Apache to work again. However, now I cannot access the download service in web-admin. It just says "The download service is not running." I have tested down- and uploading using FTP, SSH and torrents, and they all work.

It might help to know (as it might have the same cause) that if I log in as admin, all the items on the services list are unmarked. It does not matter if I check the boxes and update, it still looks the same. The does not mean that the services are unavailable, though.

Does anyone know what the problem(s) might be?
Last edited by aliquis on 31 Mar 2008, 05:44, edited 1 time in total.
aliquis

Post by aliquis »

Removed
Last edited by aliquis on 31 Mar 2008, 05:43, edited 1 time in total.
Eek

Post by Eek »

Hi
Could you please make separate posts for every support question you have?
It is extremely hard to answer anything at this time.
cheers
Eek
aliquis

Post by aliquis »

I'm sorry. From my point of view it was a single question:

"I don't have control over the downloads, neither from the web interface nor the command line. Could anyone help me to regain the control?"

The information about the services was not a question, as it lacked a question mark. It was merely a way for me to supply additional information, which might help those that try to find a solution.

I removed the stuff about the command line as it caused confusion (even though I would of course rather control the downloads that way, than not at all). I also removed the follow-up, as it wasn't related to my question, but the forum itself.

Is it better now?
Eek

Post by Eek »

hmm
I could have the same problem as you :)
Are you on Etch?
what do you get when you do

Code: Select all

ps -ef|grep ft
aliquis

Post by aliquis »

The same problem regarding the downloads, the service list, or both?

I have only upgraded using the Excito server, and a few other packages (I thought) I needed. Contents of /etc/debian_version is

That means Sarge, right?

I get this from running ps -ef|grep ft:

root         2     1  0 Mar25 ?        00:00:04 [ksoftirqd/0]
nobody    1279     1  0 Mar25 ?        00:00:03 proftpd: (accepting connections)
root      9630     1 84 Mar28 ?        2-14:39:08 /usr/sbin/ftd.bin
anders   19407 19205  0 15:32 pts/1    00:00:00 grep ft
Thanks for your help!
Eek

Post by Eek »

Both,
the service list is empty and i can not download because it says the download service is not running.
But like you ftd is running.
I thought it could have something to do with Etch, but you are on Sarge and have the same problem.
So it seems something or some version of something needs to be installed what is now absent on our bubba's.
I am not clear what it is and have not yet had the time to debug the php files.
Hopefully someone knows, otherwise we have to mail to excito support.
cheers
Eek