New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

"Could not connect" - apt-get update

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
Peat

"Could not connect" - apt-get update

Post by Peat »

Hi,

Tried the beta of the etch release and it worked fine until I suddenly could not use apt-get. Returned "Could not connect" even though http, smtp and ftp worked in both directions. Decided to go back to latest stable bubba image. Fresh install no extras, and still cannot use apt-get update; returns "Could not connect", not only to excito'r repocitory , but also debian.org returns the same message.

Any ideas?

(No, I have not changed my firewall settings
Peat

Post by Peat »

I have still the same problem!!
When setting up the bubba on a local network I configure /etc/network/interfaces to communicate with internet.
When connecting bubba directly to internet I configure /etc/network/interfaces with the correct parameters (as for other servers) and there is no connection with apt-get update. I still can access it through the bubba web interface and ftp. What is wrong?
Eek

Post by Eek »

Hi

could you try the following:

Code: Select all

ftp ftp.monster.com
what do you get?

cheers
Eek
pa

Post by pa »

Hi,

Can you post your /et/network/interfaces? Or send it in an email to our support mail?

/PA
Peat

Post by Peat »

I found my problem, and now it is working OK. It seemed to be the nameserver setting that f***ed things up for me.
Question: If I set the nameserver parameter in /etc/network/interfaces file, and a different address in /etc/resolv.conf; How is this handled by the system?

Thanks
pa

Post by pa »

I do not think that you should put the nameserver anywhere else than in the resolv.conf file.

/PA
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

/etc/resolv.conf always wins

ubi