New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

VLC

How are you using your Bubba? Got ideas for a cool modification? Share!
pcrene

VLC

Post by pcrene »

Has anyone any experience with VLC on Bubba

There is a debian version for this:

sources.list ADD
deb http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/debian sarge main
deb-src http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/debian sarge main

install with:
# apt-get update
# apt-get install vlc libdvdcss2
nb000

Post by nb000 »

Hi,

How (and why) do you want to watch a video on a device (bubba)
that has no video output?
Bubba can store your video,
and you can watch the video from a PC or some media player.
pcrene

VLC

Post by pcrene »

Hello

I have a Dreambox that has a VLC client that plays the streamed data very well. So when bubbo could stream the video it would be very nice..

Rene
ian

Post by ian »

I thought that was what mediatomb was for, to stream music and video...
pcrene

vlc

Post by pcrene »

unfortunately the Dreambox dupports only a vlc client.... :(
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Something tells me someone has misunderstood things completely. vlc is a movie player. It plays movies, nothing more. It can play movies streamed from the network but it doesn't stream any movies. On the Bubba you want a media server, something that streams the movies. For example mediatomb. Then you can stream the movies from the Bubba to other machines that are running for example vlc.

Or did I misunderstand something completely here? This discussion seems really confused to me...

edit: Apparently I didn't read into this enough before replying. VLC is not only a media player but also a media server. I guess this means there could be a point in installing it on the Bubba. No idea how heavy it is and if it's possible though...

/Daniel
pcrene

vlc

Post by pcrene »

on windows vlc is not only a player but also a streamer..allowing a client to receive the data and play it.

Dreambox is a sat-receiver with a linux-kernel that allows third-party software to run... such a software is a vlc-client..

Rene