New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Yellow Light Flashing.

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
spazzoid

Yellow Light Flashing.

Post by spazzoid »

I just got my bubba server. I fired it up on my network, logged into the web site and changed the admin password. I then shut it down cuz it was late.

Now, when I turn it on I get flashing yellow light on the front, and I am unable to connect to the web site, and unable to ping bubba. I dont know what IP address it is using by default so I can see if the problem is DNS.

This was given to me as an open box unit. Assuming it is not fried, how do I reload it back to factory spec? I found a minimum img file from another post, and copied the bubba.img to the root of a flash drive I have and plugged it in and powered it on.. Still nothing but flashing yellow light.

help please?
johannes

Post by johannes »

The flashing light means that bubba tries to boot, but doesn't completet that for some reason. Causes may be that a disk check is running due to abnormal power down. This could take ~1 hour on large disks. Could also be other hardware failure, for instance hard disk failure.

The easiest way to restore to factory state is to make a complete reinstall, including format. Download the image here:
http://update.excito.net/install/bubba- ... image-1.2/
..and follow the instruction on page 37 of the users manual, available here:
http://download.excito.net/web/Bubba_Users_Manual.pdf

Hope this helps, and if not, please let us know.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
spazzoid

Post by spazzoid »

Thanks for the info !

I left it on overnight and the light was still flashing.

This morning I downloaded the image and followed the instructions. copied the file to a USB flash drive formatted FAT32, plugged it in and held the power button while plugging in the power. The light on the front immediatley flashes.

Nothing seems to be happenening. Any suggestions?

-- I also took the hard drive and plugged it into a windows system via usb cable, it was recognised by windows, so I believe the drive is good.
Tompa

Post by Tompa »

Some USB-memories doesn't seem to work during the reinstall process, do you have another one to try with?
spazzoid

Post by spazzoid »

I have tried both the USB flash stick I have. they are different brands, but could not tell you which brand one is, the other is cruzer mini.

Will it work if I put the file on an external USB hard drive ?