New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

lost connection to Bubba

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
netpage

lost connection to Bubba

Post by netpage »

Hi,

I have just tried to reconnect to my Bubba Server after not using it for a few months and I can not connect to it. I think it has a static IP Address [which I set when I was using it] and have tried nmap to find this but not had any luck.

I am using Linux Mint and can see the Bubber Server & SFTP File Transfer on bubba in the Network Browser, but can not open them.

I have tried the minimal install and managed to SSH onto [into ?] the Bubba, but that is as far as my SSH knowledge took me.

Any ideas what I can do before I try a complete reinstall?

Thanks

James
6feet5

Post by 6feet5 »

Hi,

Log on to your bubba with SSH, mount the harddisk (or maybe it is already mounted?). Examine the file <path to harddisk mountpoint>/etc/network/interfaces. There you should find the address.

/Johan
netpage

Post by netpage »

Hi Johan,

Thanks for the quick reply. I can do this with the minimal restore flash drive loaded but it only gives me the 192.168.0.50 ip address issued by the minimal install.

I am not sure how to SSH the Bubba if I do not know the IP address, SSH root@bubba does not work.

Regards

James
netpage

Post by netpage »

UPDATE - BUBBA FIXED

Many thanks to Tor's post [http://forum.excito.net/viewtopic.php?t ... nt+minimal] and Johan's comments above I have managed to get my Bubba working again.

Using the above I was able to mount the old file system and then check out the /etc/network/interfaces file [vi <file name>] to find out that the Bubba's IP Address was 192.168.1.X and as I was using a different router my current IP ranage was 192.168.0.X.

Changed the settings in the router and now everything is working.

Cheers

James