New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

New firmware update 0.31.1

Announcements of all software releases for Excito products
tor

New firmware update 0.31.1

Post by tor »

Release notes for Bubba 0.31.1
=============================

This is a minor upgrade mainly focused on the download manager.

The same warning regarding ongoing downloads when upgrading as in the previous upgrade apply.

Any ongoing downloads or uploads will be terminated during upgrade since this upgrade includes a restart of the daemon responsible for up and downloads. So make sure you dont have any critical file operations in progress when upgrading.

Major changes and new features
==============================

* Settings
- Reworked settings to use tabbed interface
- Added new setting for throttle of torrent operation

* Download manager
- Reworked ui inspired by bubbalibres work
- Fixed overflow in ui when many downloads
- Implemeted bandwidth limitation on torrent downloads

Minor changes and bugfixes
==========================

* Stability improvements to download manager and several bugfixes including the crash on multiple additions of same download.
* Fixes to web-admin filemanager when downloading large files from Bubba
* Minor cosmetic fixes

Known issues
=============

* Terminating torrent downloads can take a long time during while the downloadmanager gets unresponsive.
bubbalibre

Post by bubbalibre »

Hi Tor,

Good work. I'm trying it right now.

Best regards,
dougie

Post by dougie »

Hi Tor

When I installed the upgrade, it stopped the Apache, Samba & ProFTP servers. On restarting Bubba everything was back to normal, although now the version number in web-admin is: 0.31.1-1 Is this correct? I noticed two files were marked for download. Did I only get one?

dougie
tor

Post by tor »

Hi dougie,

You where most likely hit by one of our bugs regarding upgrades. The bug in question should be fixed in this version.

The problem where that we had a timeout problem in the upgrade page, resulting in "terminated" upgrades if they took to long. Which could be the case if one has a slow internet connection or is geographically far from the update server.

This should normally not be a problem and the upgrade should be ok. But to be sure, do a new upgrade and verify that it works ok.

A warning here. If you have altered your /etc/apt/sources.list you have to make sure that the only source active when updating the firmware is the Excito one. The web based upgrade UI cant handle any interactivity that might occur if doing an update on them via the web-ui.

/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer
TheEagleCD

Post by TheEagleCD »

Very nice update, especially the tabs for the settings and the improved download page... :)

Keep up the great work!

Cheers,
Christoph
Bubba, I'm lovin' it
Tompa

Total file size in 0.31.1 download manager?

Post by Tompa »

I might be wrong, but I believe that the old version of the file manager page showed the total size of a torrent. Now I can only see size downloded and uploaded. Is there any special reason for this?

Otherwise a suberb update!
dougie

Post by dougie »

Hi Tor

I had altered /etc/apt/sources.list because I could only install software with apt-get using a UK mirror. When I set the sources.list to just use Excito, the upgrade went okay.

Thanks

dougie
tor

Post by tor »

Tompa,

You are absolutely right in that the total size of the download is not shown. And when looking backwards in our revision i don't think it ever had in the official versions.

Consider it added on the wanted feature list.

/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer
bubbalibre

Re: Total file size in 0.31.1 download manager?

Post by bubbalibre »

Tompa wrote:I might be wrong, but I believe that the old version of the file manager page showed the total size of a torrent. Now I can only see size downloded and uploaded. Is there any special reason for this?
Hi Tompa,

It you want this functionality, and some others, you might want to check my new 'tiny little hack'.

But this time too you can experience some troubles with the colors in Internet Explorer... Let me know if you try.

Regards,