New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Iissues with timezone and printer naming with Bubba II

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
Henri

Iissues with timezone and printer naming with Bubba II

Post by Henri »

Hi

I have been fiddling with Bubba 2 only a couple of days. So I am total newbie, only having used Ubuntu's less than a year.
With the initial setup I encountered couple problems and would like to know, if I did things the wrong way or are they "features" of Bubba.

As a background info; Bubba was delivered as ver. 1.2.

1. Timezone
During Bubba setup I tried to set the timezone. I selected Europe-Helsinki as timezone and pressed update. Time changed but it was +3 hours off the correct time. Tried same things couple of times and had to give up. I then tried different timezones to get the clock time right. Timezone Europe-London proved to be the matching timezone For Bubba in Finland.
What went wrong ?

2. Printer naming.
Eventually I got settings about right and started adding a printer in Bubba. Bubba recognized HP printer easily and everything went smooth until I had to give the printer a name. I typed printer name and hit the update button.
There was an error. The name I had given to printer was not good. Reason for rejecting my given printer name was that I had typer letters and numbers as a printer name. As I soon noticed by reading the tooltip of printer naming instructions. Printer name could only have letters and underscore _ line but no numbers.
Why is that? Is there some good reason forbidding the printer name to be for example: HP1005.
pa

Re: Iissues with timezone and printer naming with Bubba II

Post by pa »

Hi.

Regarding question 1, have you activited ntp?

And for "2", the reason is that not all "backend" software works correctly with numbers in the printer names, thus we do not allow numbers in the name.

/PA
Henri

Re: Issues with timezone and printer naming with Bubba II

Post by Henri »

pa wrote:Hi.
Regarding question 1, have you activited ntp?
/PA
If that means putting the cross in the box 'Set time automatically', then answer is yes. Otherwise no.
Bubba did set right time for minutes right away but hours = timezone was incorrect.
pa

Post by pa »

As I do not fully understand your setup, can you post a screen shot of the "date and time" page along with the what the acutal time is in Finland when the screen shot was taken?

/PA
Henri

Post by Henri »

Hi

Here's screen capture about Bubba's time/date settings. screen.
Time was about 11:21 (manually set computer time) at the time of snapshot.

Regards.
Henri