New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

FTD Crash.

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
kfudd

FTD Crash.

Post by kfudd »

Hello Excito team,

Found a problem with the FTD.
Try this torrent link via the GUI download page: https://isohunt.com/download/97992937/1080p.torrent

Crashes the FTD hard. I have to delete the hidden file in the "torrents" folder and manually restart the FTD service from the console to get the FTD running again.

Here is the error I get in the GUI:

Code: Select all

A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Warning

Message: stream_socket_client() [function.stream-socket-client]: unable to connect to unix:///tmp/ftdaemon (Connection refused)

Filename: ftd/ipc.php

Line Number: 33
kfudd

Re: FTD Crash.

Post by kfudd »

Something new as of today, the FTD process was using 100% CPU for some reason and killing the server. Even after restarting the FTD via the console, it got "stuck" on checking existing files. I had to stop all of my torrent downloads (only 3 files) to recover the system. After stopping all downloads, the FTD process stopped spontaniously, so I guess it crashed.

Anything I can give you guys here to see what went wrong? Logs seem unhelpful IMO.
Ravagon

Post by Ravagon »

FTD doesn't work with HTTPS:// URL's because no SSL support yet. :cry:
kfudd

Post by kfudd »

That's is fine, but a https URL shouldn't take down the entire FTD process. ;) It seems that any malformed or unsupported URL/torrent files will crash the FTD process. A little annoying. :-/
Ravagon

Post by Ravagon »

Yeah thats true, it should generate an error message instead.
tor

Post by tor »

Can you confirm that this is a general problem with torrent downloads and ftd? Because, at least the torrent download part really should work over https, and if it doesnt, it is most likely a bug in ftd.

/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer
Ravagon

Post by Ravagon »

Hmm not sure it's FTDs fault anymore, it might be that none of the torrent sites that uses SSL accepts FTD as a torrent client and shuts it down.
You guys at Excito should have a test server up and running for us to test against that handles normal and SLL.
tor

Post by tor »

Hi Ravagon and kfudd,

I can confirm that the link you provided by kfudd indeed crashes the downloader. Hopefully our upcoming release will fix this issue. I cant reproduce it with the newer version.

/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer
kfudd

Post by kfudd »

Good new. :) Thanks for looking in to it.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

This happens everytime I try to download a very large file, in this case >20Gb.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

And now it crashes when I remove torrents.
This appears when I have many torrents, like 10, and remove them all one by one.

RESOLVED BY:
1. putty into torrent dir and remove all .ftd*
2. do filetransferaemon restart
3. do apache2 restart

Done!